Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

To suggest banning those cliquey type threads which don't belong in AIBU?

(175 Posts)
Simontowers1 Wed 03-Apr-13 11:38:54

The ones where anybody new to MN doesn't have a clue what anybody is on about and which aren't really an AIBU but rather a pointless attempt to attract attention/be funny/demonstrate their matey-ness with the rest of the MN clique?
Not saying their isn't a place for such threads just saying shift them off AIBU to stop other users wasting precious seconds of their life clicking. N them.

My cat used to shit in the bath. Every day

GetOeuf Wed 03-Apr-13 14:43:14

Cats:

Meow meow meow open the door.
Why have you opened he door you moron? I don't want to go out. Don't MAKE me go out.
Meow meow meow let me back in

PickledInAPearTree Wed 03-Apr-13 14:46:40

My cat comes in eats ONE biscuit and leaves again.

He really is a furry bastard.

You can't catsplain. They have heads full of toys.

Maryz Wed 03-Apr-13 15:01:04

AIBU to wonder why anyone in their right minds would have a cat?

<glares balefully at one cat asleep on clean washing and other one winding up dog>

YouTheCat Wed 03-Apr-13 15:02:29

Mine is overheating on the windowsill. So I opened the window on the other more shady windowsill. But she sits there still, panting and looking at me malevolently.

PickledInAPearTree Wed 03-Apr-13 15:21:23

She's annoyed you've taken away her high moral ground.

YouTheCat Wed 03-Apr-13 15:33:44

grin

Simontowers1 Wed 03-Apr-13 15:39:57

To the poster further up - I didn't join just to support that stalker bloke. In any case I wasn't even supporting him. And how would I have even have known that thread was going on if I hadn't already joined in any case?

Salmotrutta Wed 03-Apr-13 15:45:19

Whaaaa?

Altinkum Wed 03-Apr-13 15:45:54

Is love to know who all these clique people are.

I've been on here years. What I have seen is people getig to know each other, get alone and shockingly at times disagree with one another also.

Just like RL THEN, I know hundreds of people, I suppose I'm all their posey then!!

Musta be so good being the top diggity dog, and being in my clique.

Salmotrutta Wed 03-Apr-13 15:46:19

So... Back to cats.

Mine are glaring at me balefully.

whattodoo Wed 03-Apr-13 15:46:27

My head is hurting right now.

Altinkum Wed 03-Apr-13 15:46:29

This place is just simply going to the dogs! Stoopid post and stoopid threads!

YouTheCat Wed 03-Apr-13 15:47:40

Mine came off the windowsill. Looked at me for a bit. Licked herself and then misjudged and fell off the settee.

Salmotrutta Wed 03-Apr-13 15:49:28

Ooh.

Did she then stalk of after giving you a withering look to say"I meant to do that"?

Salmotrutta Wed 03-Apr-13 15:50:54

"as if to say"

YouTheCat Wed 03-Apr-13 15:52:13

Yes, she did. Or it might have been an accusatory look. hmm

Salmotrutta Wed 03-Apr-13 15:53:43

Oh yeah.

It was your fault after all for providing the sofa.

<tut>

HoneyDragon Wed 03-Apr-13 17:05:00

I am not, contrary to my households beliefs, a nagger or a control freak. As I often point out, I just like it when shit happens.

Pancakeflipper Wed 03-Apr-13 17:08:53

I hate going to work - I miss all the stalker threads.

coughingbean Wed 03-Apr-13 19:32:05

<confused> confused
I rather like it grin

LaQueen Wed 03-Apr-13 19:36:15

I must have something wrong with my eye-sight...because I simply don't see cliqies, and I never, ever have. Not on MN, nor IRL, to be honest.

What I see is groups of people, who obviously know each other (for whatever) reason. And, I think 'Oh, I like the look/sound of them, I shall try to get to know them...' (or not, if I don't like the look of them, obviously).

I never approach any new social situation, automatically thinking that I have a right to be immediately noticed, or included, and instantly made to feel like I belong.

After all, why the feck should anyone be that interested in me...they don't know me yet.

I believe that, essentially it's down to me, to put some effort in, and do the leg-work, and try my best to be friendly, amenable, approachable, whatever.

It's really not that hard.

LaQueen Wed 03-Apr-13 19:36:56

No, I don't see cliqies at all, I have no idea what they are...

I don't see cliques is what I meant.

EuniceDumbsdown Thu 04-Apr-13 20:14:11

"then we can all give Eunicedumbsdown the welcome to mumsnet she needs. So kind of her to pop in"

What are you going on about babyjaguar?

EuniceDumbsdown Thu 04-Apr-13 20:25:09

Never mind, I understand now. Didn't name change to complain about your pal; I name change just cos I feel like it. And no need to welcome me, been here years, ta very much smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now