to feel annoyed at that women in the coffee shop?

(287 Posts)
gabsid Tue 02-Apr-13 19:11:52

Today I sat down at a sofa (2 2-seater sofas) in a busy city coffee shop enjoying my coffee and waiting for DP and DC. A woman with a baby came up to me and asked whether the second sofa was free and I said no since I was waiting - fine. The people on the next sofa just left so she took that seat, when within the next 5 minutes another 3 women with 2 babies arrived!

Had I been by myself I would have offered the sofa and I would have been happy for 2 more people to share my table, but share 2 2-seater sofas with 4 adults and 2 babies? I would have been very annoyed and probably left to find somewhere else to sit. That would have been so rude of them!

Luckily it didn't come to that, but it might have.

LadyVoldemort Tue 02-Apr-13 19:13:03

What? confused

You feel annoyed about a situation that didn't happen confused

ArteggsMonkey Tue 02-Apr-13 19:14:32

Phew, what a relief eh.

isitsnowingyet Tue 02-Apr-13 19:15:34

It's a good thing she asked then ...

Euphemia Tue 02-Apr-13 19:15:45

I'm really not sure who annoyed you. confused

Next time, have coffee by yourself at a little table?

TedRoombax Tue 02-Apr-13 19:16:30

Yababm

I hope you glared and tutted at them

HDEE Tue 02-Apr-13 19:16:41

She's nicer than me. I'd have sat 'your' second sofa, and stuffed whether you were waiting for someone or not, if I already had my coffee, I come first.

Skullnbones Tue 02-Apr-13 19:17:02

grin

AstroSnot Tue 02-Apr-13 19:17:12

Sounds like a nightmare !!!!

acceptableinthe80s Tue 02-Apr-13 19:17:55

You cant 'keep' seats in coffee shops. You sound about 5. I have a small coffee shop and if someones waiting on a friend, they get 5 mins, 10 max. It's a business, not a sixth form common room!

Sirzy Tue 02-Apr-13 19:18:03

What was the problem?

Iamsparklyknickers Tue 02-Apr-13 19:18:08

I was at some pedestrian lights today and there was a woman waiting on the opposite side.

I'm still fuming hours later, imagine she'd got there a couple of minutes before me and I'd just missed the lights and had to press the button again.

YANBU.

Ledkr Tue 02-Apr-13 19:18:54

Did they all beast feed grin

grin @ sparklyknickers.

Ledkr Tue 02-Apr-13 19:20:02

Ha ha ha ha beast feed? <laughs at own mistake>

purrpurr Tue 02-Apr-13 19:20:38

The coffeegate that never was. Drama llama.

ParadiseChick Tue 02-Apr-13 19:20:56

Hope you're ok op <hugs>

CheCazzo Tue 02-Apr-13 19:21:55

sad

Broken Britain

sad

I was at the supermarket earlier and someone didn't park in the parent and child parking but I thought they might. There was also a Greggs in the complex so he could have had a sausage roll. He didn't but might have.

I am still angry hours later.

McNewPants2013 Tue 02-Apr-13 19:22:19

This is one of my pet hates, you can't reserve seats when there is people with food/drinks waiting to sit down.

EllieArroway Tue 02-Apr-13 19:22:39

Hang on - are you annoyed because you think the lady who spoke to you but took another sofa didn't move when another group of mums and babies came in?

Or are you annoyed at the group wanting to share the other lady's table?

In any event - what on earth is there to feel "annoyed" about?

Did a big fight happen that you're not telling us about?

That women was indeed an utter cunt.

Reminds me of the time where someone almost bought something I didn't want or need. The bastards.

MrsKoala Tue 02-Apr-13 19:23:02

sounds like one for viz letterbocks. i've got a top tip to avoid just this problem. next time smear shit all over your face and no one will want to share your table.

you're welcome grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now