to want to throw the coffee in her face?

(58 Posts)
RockingTheBoat Tue 02-Apr-13 17:53:49

There is a woman at work, she is higher than me but is a completely different department so I don't work directly with her.

Every time she sees me she asks me to make her a coffee, which I do and then she never drinks it.

confused

I'm thinking it is just a power trip kind of thing but it's bloody annoying.

<disclaimer - I wouldn't throw coffee in anyones face.>

MansView Wed 03-Apr-13 12:24:08

RE: "she is higher than me but is a completely different department so I don't work directly with her."
So why do you think you have to take orders from her?

this...

tho, it does seem very strange that you do make the coffee in the first place...

but if you feel as tho you have to - do you have a microwave oven? - then simply reheat the same cup over and over again... smile

Pagwatch Wed 03-Apr-13 12:28:02

If she doesn't drink it just keep it and give it to her again next time.
My mum used to do that if I didn't eat my cabbage.

Pagwatch Wed 03-Apr-13 12:28:46

X-posted with mansview. grin

I really wouldn't make any comments about why doesn't she drink it? That's effectively agreeing you should be making it. Next time she asks, you're either on your break, or you're busy, but if she's making one, you'd love one thanks.
Been trying to think how I'd feel if a colleague of my boss did this. I'd do it, no question - because they would be asking as a one off and a favour, not doing it to have some stupid power trip!

Ilovemydogandmydoglovesme Wed 03-Apr-13 13:07:27

Rocking I really hope you've found a good solution amongst all these suggestions because I really want to know what happened! grin

ChasingDogs Wed 03-Apr-13 13:11:08

"Sorry, I'm on my break/working/about to have a wheelie chair race with Bob".

Or laugh, say "very funny! You get me every time! You don't even drink coffee you joker!" and walk off.

Doingthedo Wed 03-Apr-13 13:15:47

get to the pound shop in Scarborough, they have mugs with 'twat' on the front... for a pound!

quoteunquote Wed 03-Apr-13 14:00:15

Are you sure she is not drinking the coffee? I love cold coffee, so leave it sitting for hours.

disclaimer I am not your boss, everyone makes me coffee without me asking

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now