to consider getting a boob job?

(71 Posts)
fizzykola Tue 02-Apr-13 16:22:54

Its just seems very not 'me'. I've never been a large lady. But having hit 40 and two DC down, my norks are like tiny empty samosas sad.

It makes me feel very unsexy, and I can't help thinking that it would improve sex with DH. It's nothing to do with his reaction, he's always saying how sexy I am etc, it really is down to my own reaction. I think if I was a bloke I'd be a 'boob man' - I do think they're really womanly and attractive. I remember when I was PG and my boobs got a bit bigger, how much sexier I felt and how much more I initiated things.

But I don't feel cosmetic surgery is the magic answer, and am put off by:

the expense
having a major op
having to get them replaced over time - is that right?
having two alien sacs in my body= maybe not feeling so sexy after all?

I wouldn't want massive bazookas, just a enough to fill a bra and a handful! grin

Any views? Anyone been there done that, wore the tighter t-shirt??

lottieandmia Fri 05-Apr-13 11:45:54

I agree sallie - lots of people have implants and they do not publicise the fact. The obvious ones are not the only ones iyswim. Mine don't look fake either imo. I don't see that it's a big deal as long as you know the risks and try to minimise them. As far as I'm concerned for me, it was one of the best decisions I ever made.

abbscrosswoman Fri 05-Apr-13 09:08:29

For me I would not encourage 'unnecessary' surgery purely because there is always a risk that something will go wrong..............my opinion only.

But this thread has made me ponder if men undertake the level of cosmetic surgery that women seem to (no statistics, no flaming !).

Does anyone know a man that has undergone penis anhancement surgery ?

sallievp Fri 05-Apr-13 08:36:25

@Specialsubject...''fake boobs look ludicrous''....you are insulting and ill informed...
I have breast implants and they look lovely, natural, soft and not too big, no one ever guesses I have had anything 'done'
Not sure how many augmented breasts you have seen / felt??
but the vast vast majority of people who have implants done do not end up looking like Katie price!

OP its your decision to make but just make sure you research it thoroughly and don't be tempted to go too big!

ENormaSnob Fri 05-Apr-13 08:24:14

I have loads of friends that have them and I think they look really nice. Seen some fabulous ones at work too.

In fact, I would have mine done if I wasn't at such high risk of breast cancer. I am worried about not feeling any changes/lumps.

DontmindifIdo Fri 05-Apr-13 08:24:13

I think if you want them done, do it. I think people are missing the point that when you say it's about improving your sex life, it's not about your DH's view of your body, but your own view of your body and your personal confidence. I can see that. I feel the same about my body, it doesn't matter how many times DH tells me I'm gorgeous if I'm not feeling it, I'm not feeling it.

I'm currently pregnant with DC2 and think after this, once we can afford it, I'll get mine done too. I don't want them to be big and fake looking, more put back what was there before I started with DCs.

Funnily enough, wrinkles don't bother me although I've been dying away my grey hair since I was 25

Branleuse Fri 05-Apr-13 08:05:38

Plus dp was not bothered about me getting them done, and was happy with them the way they were, but since I had them done, he loves them. He says theyre a lot nicer than he thought they would be.
The fact that theyre not natural is neither here nor there. We both like other body mods too. Piercings and tattoos arent natural either, but they can be hot

Branleuse Fri 05-Apr-13 08:02:32

I had a full uplift and 420cc under the muscle implants a few years ago.
They look fabulous and feel great. They balanced out my hips and im now hourglass instead of pear shaped. Its given me a lot of confidence both in clothes and naked, and they look very natural. Nobody who I didnt tell even guessed (even my own family) although a lot of people started saying that i was looking very slim, which was strange because i thought id look bigger. I guess I just look more balanced.
Before I had it done, my boobs were like spaniels ears, and i just felt deformed. It wasnt even the size, because i never was bothered about the size before kids, but im glad i had them enlarged too. Suits me so much.

Mosman Fri 05-Apr-13 07:48:33

They did cut my nips off and reattach them, they did such a good job I was still able to breast feed after the surgery to the surprise of my midwives

theodorakisses Fri 05-Apr-13 07:20:58

and yet whenever the subject is womens freedom exactly such societies are accused of abuse of women.

jellybeans Wed 03-Apr-13 19:38:34

It's always interesting watching documentaries in tribal or traditional societies. Women are often topless and have natural boobs (ie what our culture would call 'ptosis' or sagging!) and they are not sexualised at all over there. Women do look like that natural it is not a disorder. In fact I watched one programme where men and women were told Western males are often obsessed with the breast and it is highly sexualised and they laughed and compared them (Western men) to babies! As that is what they see breasts as for!

midori1999 Wed 03-Apr-13 19:27:34

I've messages you OP.

It's also worth mentioning it is best to see at least two or three surgeons to get different professional opinions and also an idea of someone you have a rapport with. You will also get a better idea of how honest they are being with you too.

fizzykola Wed 03-Apr-13 19:14:30

Edith - I really appreciate you taking the time to post - I genuinely do. But it's not about mending my sex life, just improving it, and it is really about my shape. It's something I've thought about doing since I was in my late teens, loooooong before I met DH!

EdithWeston Wed 03-Apr-13 18:46:30

OP: if your DH likes your boobs as they are now, hen changing em isn't going to improve your sex life (which is what you mentioned early on in Your post as something you were hoping for).

Surgery isn't going to mend your sex life.

Is this really about your shape?

igotaway Wed 03-Apr-13 18:40:33

SorrelForbes
I had 350 augmentation put in over the muscle to increase my bust size.

For me, a great fitting bra didn't work as I had the figure of a square box!! hip waist and bust were almost the same measurement.

SorrelForbes Wed 03-Apr-13 18:31:37

Not at all, come on over or feel free to drop a pm to one of us.

fizzykola Wed 03-Apr-13 18:13:44

Sorrel thank you for the invitation. I saw you were doing lots of good work helping the boobs of Britain. I had a glance at the threads but wasn't sure where to start to look for the measurements thingy and tbh felt a bit loathe to be another one asking you for advice as it looks like a FT job for you.

My DH doesn't like the fake boob look either. He says you can spot a lot of them a mile off.

SorrelForbes Wed 03-Apr-13 15:03:22

igotaway how did your surgeon increase your underbust size?

OP. Come on over to the bra threads. It'll definitely help in the interim whilst your deliberating!

fizzykola Wed 03-Apr-13 14:49:17

Thanks all. igotaway that's a great idea re rice. Will try it. also convenient way to top up the kids' tea, just lean over hob

I'm in Scotland. I'd like to keep it quiet too, so it's reassuring that that's possible.

midori1999 Wed 03-Apr-13 14:44:37

I wouldn't have done it if my original implants didn't need changing (modern implants don't need changing) but I went bigger as a) I didn't want an uplift and wanted a more 'full' look and b) as they just didn't look that big and I fancied them bigger.

I realise they sound huge and there's no denying they look big, but they aren't giant pneumatic things or 'Jordan Style' boobs.

Bunbaker Wed 03-Apr-13 14:38:43

"Initially went from an A to a D cup and then in 2008 to a GG cup"

I'm curious as to why you felt the need to go up again. Not judging, just nosey. I would like more curves, but am too chicken to do anything about it.

igotaway Wed 03-Apr-13 14:25:14

I had mine done too, about 6 years ago, and look and feel brilliant. I went from an 'empty' 34a to a full 36d.

I have all sensation and never in a million years would you be able to tell

I did it for me and nobody else. It makes me laugh when I read about women who snort and get their judgy pants on, I think its because they want something done, but don't dare to.

I had the incision done underneath and the scar is totally invisible. I wasn't stitched, but glued back together.

Op, do the rice test first.. which is what my surgeon recommended, it might seem funny, but it gives you the idea.
Purchase a bra of the size you want eg 36d, (just get the cheapest you can) weigh out 2 equal portions of rice of 250grams, put into sealable bags and put into your new big bra and wear for as long as you like - gives you an idea of what you will look like! Some may scoff at this, put in more rice or less til you get the size you want - sounds totally daft I admit, but it works.

My surgeon was excellent, gave me a thorough talking too before hand, not like some of the groups that will tell you how fab you'll look, just for the money.
I can pm you his name if need be, he works mainly in the west midlands.

Whatever you decide, good luck.

midori1999 Wed 03-Apr-13 14:08:07

dopey, they don't always 'cut your nipples off' (they're not totally cut off), it depends on what type of incision you need for an uplift, there are several types.

Also, the type of implant, incision, placement etc may suit one person, but not another. A good surgeon will obviously be experienced enough to guide you as to what would be best in your situation.

For an augmentation (no uplift) it is possible to just have a local anaesthetic now in the UK, as far as I know, nowhere in the UK offers this for uplift too yet though.

dopeysheep Wed 03-Apr-13 13:58:24

Did they cut your nipples off and reattach Mosman?
Off to google teardrop implants now!

Mosman Wed 03-Apr-13 13:44:13

I am going to have a 2nd uplift soon, I foolishly had mine "done" they were fab and then had another baby.
I cannot recommend it enough for your confidence, I had teardrop implants and they look brilliant even now, but i'm a perfectionist ;-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now