The MN Bunfight

(41 Posts)
SparklyAntlersInMyDecorating Sun 31-Mar-13 21:07:02

Questions that need answering:

Why buns? Surely they are too nice to throw - how about scones? Especially those cheese ones I made in year 7 that could have plugged the BP oil spill - they'd hurt.

Which bun is best? Is that the point? You have a bunfight over buns...

... final question - do you get more points the more pretentious sounding your bun? #offers salted caramel and apple as starter for 10#

I suppose there are obvious targets - that two seater in parent and child parking could hold a few buns, as could the trolley with the child standing in it.

very bored, sat here only with egg for company

NippyDrips Sun 31-Mar-13 22:37:19

Some people can't afford buns to eat never mind fight with. This is such a first world problem and you sound entitled.

Hth

doyouwantfrieswiththat Sun 31-Mar-13 22:40:49

Tis' true that I hate to see good food wasted, but I refer you back to my comments about my mother's cooking. Her recipe may have been based on dwarf bread.

gordyslovesheep Sun 31-Mar-13 22:45:42

are you new OP hmm

LineRunner Sun 31-Mar-13 22:47:29

Walk a mile in my choux, OP, and then tell me about buns.

gordyslovesheep Sun 31-Mar-13 22:49:52

one bun between 2 people is plenty remember ...no spare buns now or you will have to pay bun tax

HallelujahHeisRisen Sun 31-Mar-13 22:52:00

<sigh>

I have already pointed out on another thread...

weetbix soaked in milk and left to harden into spikes like an old fashioned mine.... covered in chocolate to disguise them as buns...

lethal op, lethal.

SparklyAntlersInMyDecorating Sun 31-Mar-13 23:03:33

bun tax sad I will Leave The Bun.

These entitled posters really get my goat.

morethanpotatoprints Mon 01-Apr-13 12:44:32

Goats now, i can't afford buns let alone goats.

KansasCityOctopus Mon 01-Apr-13 12:46:53

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

You can use the Hot Cross Buns that I made for Easter.

They're like rocks. And the cross dissapeared. So basically, they're just round bricks covered in strawberry jam as I had no apricot jam. So, they'll stick when you throw them at someone.

simplesusan Mon 01-Apr-13 12:58:19

Hey I went to a real bunfight once.
It wasn't advertised as a bunfight. It was a kids tea party in a club. Someone threw a bun, the next thing someone threw one back and so it progressed to sandwich, sausage roll and jelly throwing!
It was the best party ever in the entire universe.

doyouwantfrieswiththat Mon 01-Apr-13 14:00:30

How old are you simple ? I wonder if it's the one I went to in the Mess hall at the garrison where my mum worked...kids are so literal we thought it was an instruction not a label. Although I thought that one started with twiglets...

simplesusan Mon 01-Apr-13 14:46:47

Oh it was years ago. It was a working mens club treat, and what a treat. I was only small and remember coming away in some dream like state thinking how surreal it all was.
Never been to anything like it since-perhaps they stopped the club parties after that-I don't remember.

doyouwantfrieswiththat Mon 01-Apr-13 15:04:31

Yes I think the mess hall parties stopped after the great food fight.
It was astonishing how quickly it escalated. I still remember the sight of it flying through the air in all directions like the end scene from Bugsy Malone.

TotallyBursar Mon 01-Apr-13 18:35:09

Really?

Not one of you lot are throwing the non-standard cakes?
Because if you don't your 'd'h will fish them out of the bin and eat them as a protest, clearly a protest as you told him they weren't perfect & were for disposal only, you can't throw them out for the birds because there aren't any and you will suffer further conniptions at the thought of your children being exposed to such poison - one was a bit burnt shock

I desperately want to have a food fight. We might have to as a treat - twiglets would surely be against the Geneva convention though?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now