Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

to be hunting for that mythical MN beast...

(142 Posts)
Thurlow Sun 31-Mar-13 19:25:44

the poster who has never discovered something seemingly random that they do which is considered judge-worthy or terrible by another poster?

Leaving aside the traditional topics for conflict - breastfeeding not enough/too long, co-sleeping/controlled crying, formula - which people have very strong opinions about, the amount of stuff I've stumbled across where someone (or more enlighteningly, lots of posters) which is considered weird or just plain wrong by other posters is amazing.

Clothes (not babygrows) on babies. Not washing you towels regularly enough or washing them too often. Bottles for babies over 1. Not washing your baby's clothes before they wear them (that was a spectacular bunfight!). Forward-facing pushchairs. Playpens. Pureed weaning. Wearing shoes in someone's house. Owning a toilet brush.

Is there anyone out there who has yet to come across an odd thread that hugely judges something they do?

<Disclaimer - looking for a bit of light-hearted diversion from the Easter family 'fun'>

littlemissbunny Sun 31-Mar-13 20:36:35

Ahhhhhh go on, you know you want to!

I may have had a tiny orgasm over the thought of the towels of Bathsheba grin

Also, I'm sure the soup business is bullocks. Nobody was able to explain WHY you ALWAYS get breast with soup if you aren't supposed to dunk it. Someone suggested you're supposed to spoon it onto the bread and eat it that way, which is like a slow clumsy reverse dunk if you ask me...

foxache Sun 31-Mar-13 20:37:20

I was convinced earlier we were gearing up for a super Easter bunfight this evening, everyone seemed ready.

I could maybe start an aibu about lateness, that seems to get everyone going.
Aibu that me and my 5 toddlers have to climb a mountain and forge a river every morning and arrive at school 3 minutes after the bell?

threesypeesy Sun 31-Mar-13 20:37:22

Asda is for chavs shock

I shop there as it's the closest supermarket, and its frequented by footballers and such that live in houses worth millions.

Some of the judging drives me insane especially if you spoil your child your making up for a broken home and don't bring them up in a stable loving home confused
Or everything you buy is tat regardless of price confused

Salmotrutta Sun 31-Mar-13 20:37:46

You could start it littlemissbunny.

I dare you.

MooMooSkit Sun 31-Mar-13 20:38:15

I never ever knew I was being rude if I wanted a starter and no one else did, thanks to mumsnet, I now know I am a rude selfish piggy twat.

Mermaid, your typos are ace grin

Iteotwawki Sun 31-Mar-13 20:38:28

You're meant to wash towels?

Since when? I'm clean when I use them, they dry out draped over a door ready for subsequent use.

catgirl1976 Sun 31-Mar-13 20:38:28

I always check if other people are having a starter

You get a general consensus don't you? "Are we doing starters or just going straight for mains?". Then, if it's just you wanting a started you don't (whilst hating everyone secretly) and if everyone else does you can go ahead.

That's ok isn't it?

Don't take away my starters.

Note, I care far more about this issue than if people think I am a neglectful mother because DS wears clothers straight off the hanger grin

LaQueen Sun 31-Mar-13 20:38:32

Sal I'm not entirely sure, I no longer know who is the Goader and the Goadee, anymore...and I'm not sure whether we can/can't joke on threads?

All I know is that I'm contractually banned from using the word beige and, I'm left with a residual feeling of impending doom.

[resumes Brace Position]

Salmotrutta Sun 31-Mar-13 20:39:03

Breast with Soup?

Hahahahaha.

You is funny Mermaid grin

littlemissbunny Sun 31-Mar-13 20:39:36

Salmotrutta I double dare you grin

LaQueen Sun 31-Mar-13 20:40:09

"Nobody was able to explain WHY you ALWAYS get breast with soup if you aren't supposed to dunk it."

Mermaid DH would like to know which restaurant that is?

Salmotrutta Sun 31-Mar-13 20:40:11

psst - BEIGE!!!

<runs away>

Thurlow Sun 31-Mar-13 20:41:09

I don't think I have ever cleaned my toddler's toys unless there was crusty food on it. Oh dear.

I got a slating the other day for admitting I wore headphones when pushing my front-facing, non-speaking yet, world-watching DD to the shop. That was a bit of an eye opener.

I do wish someone would start a real bunfight tonight though. I'm bored and everyone is in bed.

NaturalBaby Sun 31-Mar-13 20:41:32

Using the dishwashing sponge/cloth to wipe kitchen surfaces is a crime apparently. I wipe my dc's face with it but haven't dared admit it on one of those threads.

"Soup business is bullocks"
PMSL
grin

It's me!!! I'm the goadiest goadmeister on MN. Just look at my past posts if you don't believe me (well, those few that haven't been deleted).

whosiwhatsit Sun 31-Mar-13 20:42:46

If we are now supposed to dunk our breasts in the soup in restaurants can it at least be one of those cold soups, please, lake gazpacho?

LaQueen Sun 31-Mar-13 20:42:57

[opens eyes very wide...assumes best innocent expression...points at self and mouths 'Who...me?' in the direction of MNHQ...]

Salmotrutta Sun 31-Mar-13 20:43:01

OK..

PANTS thread started.

I wish I hadn't.

I bet it gets flamed.

Why did you make me littlemiss?? Why?

Lte, I have just been a teeny bit sick over your towel drying system grin

LaQueen Sun 31-Mar-13 20:44:11

"If we are now supposed to dunk our breasts in the soup in restaurants can it at least be one of those cold soups, please, lake gazpacho?"

Feck Whois how big are your breasts shock

Thurlow Sun 31-Mar-13 20:44:13

<applauds Sal>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now