Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

to be hunting for that mythical MN beast...

(142 Posts)
Thurlow Sun 31-Mar-13 19:25:44

the poster who has never discovered something seemingly random that they do which is considered judge-worthy or terrible by another poster?

Leaving aside the traditional topics for conflict - breastfeeding not enough/too long, co-sleeping/controlled crying, formula - which people have very strong opinions about, the amount of stuff I've stumbled across where someone (or more enlighteningly, lots of posters) which is considered weird or just plain wrong by other posters is amazing.

Clothes (not babygrows) on babies. Not washing you towels regularly enough or washing them too often. Bottles for babies over 1. Not washing your baby's clothes before they wear them (that was a spectacular bunfight!). Forward-facing pushchairs. Playpens. Pureed weaning. Wearing shoes in someone's house. Owning a toilet brush.

Is there anyone out there who has yet to come across an odd thread that hugely judges something they do?

<Disclaimer - looking for a bit of light-hearted diversion from the Easter family 'fun'>

catgirl1976 Sun 31-Mar-13 20:25:26

Am worried.

I am meant to wash DSs clothes before he has worn them? But why?

Also, starters are the best part of a meal. You can keep your pudding. I don't want it. I do want a starter though. Generally more than one of them.

Salmotrutta Sun 31-Mar-13 20:26:15

But we live in a very rural area - we'd have to drive about 80 miles to get to a Waitrose!!

Waaaaaaah.

Salmotrutta Sun 31-Mar-13 20:27:12

I lurk on the sheets threads... and judge secretly.

I have a spreadsheet.

Thurlow Sun 31-Mar-13 20:27:27

Yes, catgirl, all clothes should be washed before children wear them because of the evil toxins and chemicals in them. Particularly newborn clothes - even though you don't know what size your baby is going to be and might need to return them. Anyone who doesn't do this doesn't care for their baby at all. In fact, I think the actual phrase used was considerable stronger than that...

I have a very selective memory for these things, so I remember all the threads where people agree with me or validate my parenting choices, and conveniently forget the ones where they don't.

LaQueen Sun 31-Mar-13 20:28:04

Oh, and that spending £45 on a tin of F&B paint, makes you an over-entitled, materialistic twunt, who is out of touch with reality and suffering from The Emperor's New Clothes syndrome...

Which is fair enough...but, I don't care...I luff my paint finishes, I does [strokes walls lovingly]

Salmotrutta Sun 31-Mar-13 20:28:42

I'm tempted to start a "How often do you change your pants?" Thread.

See what that throws up.

I love GOML, she makes my towel obsession almost feel normal smile

LaQueen Sun 31-Mar-13 20:28:50

15 minutes and this threads gonna go ape-shit-buggery, by the way...just saying, like hmm

LaQueen Sun 31-Mar-13 20:30:34

KS the luffly Bathsheba changes her towels twice a day, as I recall...bet you feel positively scummy now?

Brace yourself, Bunty grin
I really must make a start on the kitchen ( hides Matchstick paint behind back )

Salmotrutta Sun 31-Mar-13 20:31:08

Why will it go ape-shit? shock will frothy types come on and goad?

The daily bunfighty has been and gone.

It was odd and funny and a bit weird.

OzmaofOz Sun 31-Mar-13 20:31:09

It's bad form to order a starter ? For the love of God, why ?

Because you make the main coursers wait for their meal, or something .....

Salmotrutta Sun 31-Mar-13 20:32:41

Because it makes you selfish of course Oz!

<tuts>

Towels are boil washed after single use here LeQ.
I know it's not normal. Sometimes I bleach them too......

LaQueen Sun 31-Mar-13 20:33:52

[assumes Brace Position...]

OzmaofOz Sun 31-Mar-13 20:34:01

Ah, right. Surely if they were that hungry the would have a starter too......confused

littlemissbunny Sun 31-Mar-13 20:34:51

Oooh do it Salmotrutta I would go on and say once a week just for the reaction grin

LaQueen Sun 31-Mar-13 20:35:11

Oh KS you really need to meet the luffly Bathsheba I have stayed in some fancy hotels in my time, but I have never, ever been provided with so many huge, white, fluffy towels as I am when I stayed with her smile

Arf at Salmo and the sheet spreadsheet grin

I haven't forgotten the Fred on which I learned it was non-U to say "pardon?" when you mishear someone. The polite thing to do is bark "WHAT" apparently confused

Salmotrutta Sun 31-Mar-13 20:35:46

I might.

But it may not end well?

<scared>

flippinada Sun 31-Mar-13 20:35:53

If you wash your dishes by hand and don't instantly rinse them in scalding water, apparently you are going to KILL ALL THE CHILDREN because POISON.

I'm willing to say I go commando. ( like hell I do, frozen fanjo a distinct possibility in these parts)

EasilyBored Sun 31-Mar-13 20:36:24

A thread about how and how often you wash your toddler's toys. I was a bit confused as apart from wiping off obvious food/dirt/slobber with a wetwipe when I notice I have never washed anything that hasn't been licked by the cat.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now