Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

to suggest you CAN do links on a tablet/ipad?

(38 Posts)
BrunellaPommelhorse Sun 31-Mar-13 14:47:43

you just highlight the address by holding down your finder. select copy

then hold down finger on area you are pasting it to, until it pastes, and... er paste

Picturesinthefirelight Sun 31-Mar-13 20:37:56

I find it incredibly difficult on my iPhone it depends on the webfite and how the link is.

ceeveebee Sun 31-Mar-13 20:44:11

I find it hard to copy the address on an iPhone, so I click the arrow at the bottom and click "mail" which then copies the address to a draft email, and I copy it from there

trixymalixy Sun 31-Mar-13 21:03:07

YANBU, I don't think it's particularly hard to do links on either an iPhone or an iPad.

thegreylady Sun 31-Mar-13 22:13:28

I can do it on a tablet by copying the address.I've never tried on a phone.

TheDetective Sun 31-Mar-13 22:24:29

Piece of piss to do it on the iPhone.

YANBU.

Yanbu, although it is more fiddly on the app than on the mobile site.

BitBewildered Mon 01-Apr-13 02:39:39

It is fine on an iPhone on the mobile site. I haven't used the app for ages.

alwayslateforwork Mon 01-Apr-13 02:47:17

It's piss easy if you've got a handy 12yo to show you how.

Fecking impossible if you're 42 and have been dragged up with a zx 81. these things don't come with instruction manuals like in the good ol' days, and you are just supposed to 'know'.

Intuitive my arse.

Kungfutea Mon 01-Apr-13 03:44:01

I didn't know that! Thank you smile

Lueji Mon 01-Apr-13 07:39:49

You can also copy the address from the messages and paste into the web browser.
It works both ways. grin

SweepTheHalls Mon 01-Apr-13 07:49:44
SweepTheHalls Mon 01-Apr-13 07:50:07

Yay! Thank you!

Iaintdunnuffink Mon 01-Apr-13 08:21:48

It's easy enough to do a web link but I did have one older browser on my iPad that didn't show the address bar. I can do it on my android phone but it can be a pita to open the page you want to link to, copy link, then navigate back to the page you want to post link on. If I'm not connected to wifi it can be painfully slow.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now