Aibu to wonder why people treat Easter and Christmas as competitions to out weigh other parents?

(79 Posts)
M0naLisa Sun 31-Mar-13 13:19:10

First off my boys of 6 & 5 got an egg each from me and DH worth £4. Ds3 who's 17 weeks got a £5 soft teddy bear/sheep. That's it.

They got a further 5 eggs from family.

On Facebook (I know) people posting pictures of what's the 'Easter Bunny' left. (I am guilty of this too but mines a normal picture of chocolate eggs wink)
Most pictures ive seen today had wrapped pregnant a stacked high, bikes, skateboards, scooters and massive eggs the size of a house - for a 4 year old.

Then you've got people applying saying they are sad they haven't spoilt their little ones as they've only bought them 3 eggs each and colouring books, socks and DVDs.

I thought kids received chocolate at Easter.
I also used to receive a cross from folded beige palm paper (or something) can't remember the name now.

Altinkum Sun 31-Mar-13 19:15:51

Or posted nothing on my Facebook page, except them finding their Easter hunt egg video, in which ds1 took a major strop as ds2 found more kinder eggs than him (4 in total) and family comment that it was so like ds1, as he is so competitive.

I haven't posted that we've raised x amount not have I posted that we have visited the hospital today, not because I feel like embarrassed, in any shape or form, but I do feel its a massive achieved Tony's as a family unit off 4 to be proud off.

No one on my Facebook has posted anything about Easter eggs, most have posted about the importance of family in their lives.

sweetiepie1979 Sun 31-Mar-13 22:53:36

It sounds like the company you keep. My friends all bought chocolate rabbits and went for walks in the botanical gardens with our children. I've never heard if Easter presents! I too think its facebook I
Not on it, as far as I can make out its for people who want to show off and try to not look like they might have a normal life it's all insecurity and a bit sad.

MiniEggsJumpedInMyBasket Sun 31-Mar-13 23:06:41

Well said, sweetiepie

uncongenial Sun 31-Mar-13 23:36:08

Seconding that! I think that's exactly right, sweetiepie.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now