AIBU to have given the DC leftover Domino Pizza for breakfast?

(87 Posts)

It was in the fridge from last night. 3 slices. DH was going out early so had already had his breakfast. It is the holidays. It felt like a bit of fun, you know "Hey DCs, fancy pizza for breakfast."

DH (albeit kind of jokingly) said it was a disgrace and with a head-shaking grin went out.

DCs enjoyed minuscule slice of cold pizza, then some toast.

They normally get a pretty good, well balances, mainly cooked from scratch diet.

Later on DH said he wasn't totally joking and please could we not do that again. He feels it sends the wrong message to DCs (age 4 and 6) to have leftover "treat" food like that for breakfast.

He is not normally so...er...uptight (normally is me)....so now wondering if he is just having a moment. Or was IBU to give them pizza for breakfast?

EduCated Sat 30-Mar-13 22:08:21

Surely pizza breakfast is the best part of a takeaway pizza?!

YANBU...we did the same thing this morning. Dominos is awesome for breakfast...it's not like you're doing it every day, and it's a holiday weekend smile

hwjm1945 Sat 30-Mar-13 22:09:02

No.if as you made clear it was a one off,good go use up leftovers!

CSIJanner Sat 30-Mar-13 22:09:30

I've been known to sneak stone cold Chinese out of the fridge for breakfast followed by prawn crackers, so IMHO, no!

grin

HollyBerryBush Sat 30-Mar-13 22:09:36

Pizza is glorified cheese on toast. so YANBU. Although I marvel at you having any left over grin

Numberlock Sat 30-Mar-13 22:09:56

Struggling to see this wrong message it's sending, pray enlighten me.

Yanbu, if it was hot pizza then I would agree with your DH

MyPreciousRing Sat 30-Mar-13 22:10:27

YANBU and if DH has such an issue with it then perhaps next time he can cook the kids their breakfast before he heads out?

Doodledumdums Sat 30-Mar-13 22:11:17

CSIJanner....me too! This morning in fact!

You are totally NBU! Kids love stuff like that!

RevoltingPeasant Sat 30-Mar-13 22:11:20

My mum did that once.

We don't speak now.

<twitches>

gemma4d Sat 30-Mar-13 22:11:32

YABU. It doesn't take much effort to throw cereal in the bowl. That would have left you with 2 much better options: (1) you eat the pizza, or (2) they get the pizza for lunch - saving you the effort of preparing a more major meal. HTH!

goodfreyedaysusan Sat 30-Mar-13 22:12:12

yabu you need to save it for yourself next time

juneybean Sat 30-Mar-13 22:12:52

But but... Takeaway is always better the next day!!

What difference does it make if it's breakfast or lunch?

MadCap Sat 30-Mar-13 22:13:56

YANBU Pizza cold is practically a breakfast food.

AnOeufUniversallyEggnowledged Sat 30-Mar-13 22:14:33

YANBU. You've taught them a valuable life lesson: always buy too much pizza so that you can eat some of it for breakfast the next day.

AnOeufUniversallyEggnowledged Sat 30-Mar-13 22:15:09

(although I don't for one minute believe it was a 'minuscule' piece. Dominoes slices are mahooosive)

KoalaFace Sat 30-Mar-13 22:18:08

YANBU.

Habits like this, learnt early on are very valuable for later in life.
1. Hangover food.
2. University life.
3. The life of a struggling artist.
4. Pregnancy cravings.
5. Feeding children when you CBA.

tethersend Sat 30-Mar-13 22:18:18

Disgusting.

You should have given them a proper breakfast, like a bacon sandwich with tomato sauce. And cheese.

Hang on.

Jbck Sat 30-Mar-13 22:21:31

You'd get Mum of the year round our house.
I did draw the line at DD2(5) having Easter Haribo at 6:30 this morning, tried to persuade me that as she'd had cereal and yoghurt already it was fine. Gave her short shrift at that time of the morning. If she'd stayed in bed till 8 and then tried that line on me it might have worked grin

leave the bastard.

StuntGirl Sat 30-Mar-13 22:30:52

I would maybe eat it myself if there were no kids around but I wouldn't feed it to kids. I'd rather give them a more nutritional option.

CSIJanner Sat 30-Mar-13 22:43:28

I really want cold Chinese now. AIBU? I promise to leave some for breakfast!

Coconutty Sat 30-Mar-13 22:49:10

I'd actually be a bit fucked off if DH said that to me. I'd think he was bring a prick and that if he didn't want them to have it he should have stayed in and made them something else.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now