Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

to eat some of DS's Easter eggs?

(34 Posts)
PurpleStorm Sat 30-Mar-13 13:05:54

DS is 19 months, and has received 7 Easter eggs.

Most of them are fairly small, but 2 of them are very large. Bigger than DS's head.

WIBU for DH & I to take the big ones and eat them ourselves?

NaturalBaby Mon 01-Apr-13 22:38:23

Please tell me that people do not throw away perfectly edible chocolate easter eggs because they have too many?!?!

hermioneweasley Mon 01-Apr-13 22:41:34

There was a thread at Christmas about eating the kids' chocolate. Some posters saying it was stealing from your children.

I disagree. Eat them!

PurpleStorm Mon 01-Apr-13 22:50:06

Stealing? Really?????

MsVestibule Mon 01-Apr-13 22:53:57

YADNBU! But beware - I put on about 4lbs in spring 2010. My DCs were 18 mths and 3 yo, so far too young for the 50m Easter eggs they received, and I got through at least half an Easter egg per day for 3 weeks blush.

WafflyVersatile Mon 01-Apr-13 23:19:05

and 4lb would look much more on the short stature of an 18 monther who ate them all. you're doing him a favour. yes.

Pandemoniaa Mon 01-Apr-13 23:56:07

Don't donate them, don't melt them down, don't pass them onto anyone. Eat them all yourselves and thoroughly enjoy doing so!

DramaLlamaFarmer Mon 01-Apr-13 23:58:07

I have just eaten an entire Kinder bunny and I can't even find it in me to feel bad coz gawd I lurve the kinder choc. <not guilty>

NaturalBaby Tue 02-Apr-13 16:13:23

That Christmas thread has me breaking out in a cold sweat every time I eat some of the dc's chocolate, sweets or cake. They get very little of the food they come home with from parties/christmas and easter blush.

crazypaving Tue 02-Apr-13 16:15:40

I'm working my way steadily through DS1's stash of eggs. He's 2.5 and is very much aware of chocolate, but once they were in the cupboard he conveniently forgot about them grin

So much for my diet though sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now