Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

To refuse to put up a stranger?

(26 Posts)
ForSaletotheHighestBidder Sat 30-Mar-13 08:30:37

Long story.
Dh is abroad. Family emergency. He won't be back until next Friday. He left last Friday. So away for 2 weeks. I started a new job 2 days before that. We have a 5+4 yr old. He is our childcare.
I've been managing by being highly organised but am starting to feel the pressure in the last couple of days as work is super busy.
I have limited back up help.

He calls this morning to say that a friend of a friend is flying in on Tuesday for a week and will I put him up.
Apparently he won't be any trouble. However we live at least 30 minutes walk from public transport so is the guy going to spend his time in our house? I am not the type to leave a guest unfed, or to leave then totally to their own devices. That's just rude.

But I don't know this person, and I don't have the time or the energy to baby sit him.

So was I being unreasonable to throw a fit?

Whocansay Sat 30-Mar-13 09:49:54

Noooooooooooooo!!!! I'm amazed that your dh would even think that this would be OK!

YANBU.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now