Easter Eggs

(89 Posts)
Meg8 Sat 30-Mar-13 02:41:22

I am a new granny, and baby is 10 months old. My beloved late dad had a thing about Easter Eggs for kids, so I asked my daughter what egg I should buy the little lad. She was adamant - no egg. Too young. Ridiculous. Unsafe. Unhealthy. I have this dream of seeing his lovely face smeared with chocolate, but it is not to be.

Am I out of date with what mums do now? Is it such a crime for a child to have chocolate at age 10 months? Just a small piece. Will it really ruin his two teeth and his stomach for the rest of his life?

Meg

FeijoaVodkaAndCheezels Sat 30-Mar-13 07:57:54

Such drama so early in the morning.

fouranddone Sat 30-Mar-13 07:59:01

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

ZacharyQuack Sat 30-Mar-13 08:05:30

Gransnet invasion? grin

superstarheartbreaker Sat 30-Mar-13 08:05:33

OP: I think you have had some harsh responses and in turn you have risen to them. Things do get heated on here. Your dd is right imo....he is only 10 months. I know you want to treat him but wait til next year and don't even ask your dd...just bestow the gift. You need a thick skin on here. Who knew that Easter Eggs could be so controversial?

Buzzardbird Sat 30-Mar-13 08:17:02

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Mrsrobertduvall Sat 30-Mar-13 08:19:14

Pagwatch Sat 30-Mar-13 08:20:54

Haha at OP has had some harsh responses grin

TobyLerone Sat 30-Mar-13 08:21:37

Icelollycraving Sat 30-Mar-13 08:24:14

God I love these threads!!

DontmindifIdo Sat 30-Mar-13 08:26:18

OP - if you come back - you won't be the 'loser' granny, you'll be the granny who respected the parents feelings. the other grandparents will be the ones who did what they wanted.

I've got DN who is 11 months a baby book with bunnies on it, could you look for something like an Easter story book or a bunny book in the local book shop? Then you get to be the smug grandparent... wink

malteserzz Sat 30-Mar-13 08:29:56

I don't see what's wrong with a little chocolate for a 10 month old either they don't have to eat the whole egg the parents can finish it off !

GeoffVader Sat 30-Mar-13 08:37:57

Buzzardbird Sat 30-Mar-13 08:44:36

Hang on I am an internationally known figure in my field ...she IS the Easter bunny!

Casserole Sat 30-Mar-13 08:56:45

Can use mumsnet but not amazon?
International career but limited to shopping in your village?

Not a chance.

Benefit of the doubt.

Give your daughter an Easter Egg instead. A nice rich Hotel Chocolat one or something. Then you can still give an Easter gift, but you're cutting out the middle man.

toffeelolly Sat 30-Mar-13 09:18:26

Nobody said you were a bad gramny meg, you did that yourself. Grow upgrin

pollywollydoodle Sat 30-Mar-13 10:01:28

grin grin fab thread bad granny meg!

CockyFox Sat 30-Mar-13 10:07:09

Forgetfulmog Sat 30-Mar-13 10:14:21

AgentZigzag Sat 30-Mar-13 10:22:47

grin at Buzzard.

I suppose it would rankle a tad if the Easter Bunnys relatives spurned the delicious Easter chocfest.

DeskPlanner Sat 30-Mar-13 10:29:07

I wouldn't at that age. YABU. Plenty of time for chocolate smearing.

DeskPlanner Sat 30-Mar-13 10:30:38

Oh, yes buy him the Tomy eggs. Around £6. Easter related and fab.

DeskPlanner Sat 30-Mar-13 10:47:01

Wish I'd learn to read the entire thread before posting. The comment about being in bed waiting for the next breastfeed makes you sound horrible. Don't really think your going to like this site if you can't cope with people answering your op honesty.

elQuintoConyo Sat 30-Mar-13 10:55:18

Buzzardbird Sat 30-Mar-13 10:57:20

The Easter bunny needs to fulfill his destiny! Has no-one watched Hop? If you re-arrange op's name it is 8 m eg!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now