Easter Eggs

(89 Posts)
Meg8 Sat 30-Mar-13 02:41:22

I am a new granny, and baby is 10 months old. My beloved late dad had a thing about Easter Eggs for kids, so I asked my daughter what egg I should buy the little lad. She was adamant - no egg. Too young. Ridiculous. Unsafe. Unhealthy. I have this dream of seeing his lovely face smeared with chocolate, but it is not to be.

Am I out of date with what mums do now? Is it such a crime for a child to have chocolate at age 10 months? Just a small piece. Will it really ruin his two teeth and his stomach for the rest of his life?

Meg

kotinka Sat 30-Mar-13 03:47:13

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

AgentZigzag Sat 30-Mar-13 03:50:21

'Is it me you are addressing in your post saying "FFS you ungrateful baggage"?'

Not me Meg, I was just complimenting kotinka for finding a place for such a good expression.

I shall await with baited arsehole for your possible response.

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

kotinka Sat 30-Mar-13 03:51:17

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

AgentZigzag Sat 30-Mar-13 03:51:41

Hehe, you're on the wind up meg.

grin

olympicsrock Sat 30-Mar-13 04:08:58

Oh dear what an over reaction. My ds is 16 months and i have only just started giving him a tiny taste of chocolate. He has been given an egg but to be honest it will be eaten by me. I second the tomy eggs perfectly safe for 10 month old and will be enjoyed until age 3. I thought your comment about breastfeeding mothers was unnecessary and bitchy Meg.
I am surprised that a career woman can't use the internet or Amazon. It is very simple. I suggest you swallow your pride and ask your local library to show you how. It would be particularly useful for you in a village to be able to shop online.

noblegiraffe Sat 30-Mar-13 04:20:48

I'm in bed waiting for the next breastfeed and on MN. Maybe I'll order something from Amazon too.

Awakeagain Sat 30-Mar-13 04:23:31

Aibu to think that you posted in Aibu to get an answer!? You got one, didn't like it and are annoyed!!

If you've figured out posting in mumsnet I'm sure you can do amazon, if you are a world wise woman I'm sure you know the world stretches beyond your tiny village!!!

I'm afraid it's not about your dream of seeing gc covered in chocolate!!

livingdownunder Sat 30-Mar-13 04:25:44

I felt sorry for op, thought she must be struggling to find a role without being left out.
Then I burst out laughing at the post about waiting for the next breastfeed. Comedy gold.

Well done op. Lay an egg.

Angielka Sat 30-Mar-13 04:29:05

See, that's what I love about mn... you start reading a straightforward thread and all of a sudden the discussion takes an unexpected and highly entertaining twist. Wow.

Emilythornesbff Sat 30-Mar-13 05:43:37

I AM in bed b.feeding!
Thanks for something good to read
Happy Easter
grin (just really wanted to use that smiley ).

PurplePidjin Sat 30-Mar-13 05:46:55

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Pagwatch Sat 30-Mar-13 05:51:45

biscuit

(I hate the biscuit bhiss love this. It looks like a pissed bunny lying on its back)

50ShadesOfGreggs Sat 30-Mar-13 06:03:45

ahhhh and i thought everyone had been lovely to the little old lady and then she comes back and posts meanness sad bad granny

AndFanjoWasHisNameO Sat 30-Mar-13 06:19:38

grin

Pickles101 Sat 30-Mar-13 06:26:19

biscuit

toffeelolly Sat 30-Mar-13 06:47:24

grin grin

drinkyourmilk Sat 30-Mar-13 07:11:13

BeCool Sat 30-Mar-13 07:16:48

So YOU have the baby chocolate face dream OP. this is about you not the baby. So you can deal with it.
YABU.

Tailtwister Sat 30-Mar-13 07:21:33

Don't be daft OP. So your DD doesn't want her baby to have chocolate yet, just accept her decision. Try not to take it so personally.

GirlOutNumbered Sat 30-Mar-13 07:29:04

Everybody needs a biscuit. Clearly a joke.

CheeryCherry Sat 30-Mar-13 07:29:30

bad granny grin Good try!

fouranddone Sat 30-Mar-13 07:46:55

Meg you are not outdated at all! I have 4dc and they all had an Easter egg before 1 year. Uptight parents, one small egg will not hurt x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now