To be shocked how expensive Legoland is?

(59 Posts)
vivizone Fri 29-Mar-13 23:22:56

including other theme parks.

Legoland even with offer comes to £116.00 for 2 adults and one child. Online price.

Then rail tickets to get there, spending money and so on.

Is this normal or am I correct in thinking it's a bit of a rip-off.

CocacolaMum Fri 29-Mar-13 23:26:02

I have been and I think its a complete rip off. YANBU.

Do ou have Tesco points? It's €11 each with Tesco vouchers.

Dominodonkey Fri 29-Mar-13 23:31:25

There's loads of BOGOF vouchers around - The Sun did them a few weeks ago.

SucksToBeMe Fri 29-Mar-13 23:34:03

YANBU. I live 10 mins away and have never been,for that very reason!

My brother worked at one of the cafes in the park and could not get over how expensive it was.

woopsidaisy Fri 29-Mar-13 23:34:04

We live in Ireland, but in laws are near Legoland. We have been a few times but never pay full price. You need to get voucher codes or Tesco points as mentioned.
Adding train fair is going to make it more expensive, but that isn't Legoland's fault!
You will need some spending money too.

midastouch Fri 29-Mar-13 23:37:09

YANBU!! we went last year when DP saved tokens from the sun for 2 free tickets, we didnt pay for DD only 5 months old and DS was 3.2 so we got away with that too! blush we went on the safari ride, everything else had 2 hour ques. DS enjoyed looking at the lego buildings, very clever! Definetely not worth paying for imo!
We use tesco reward vouchers for our summer holiday trips, they're brilliant!

willyoulistentome Fri 29-Mar-13 23:39:06

I have sworn a solemn oath to myself never to go again. Its a TOTAL rip off. Even with a get a kid in free voucher it cost me £70 odd to get in. Which was bad enough but they also charged for parking. WTAF. They hsd crammed so many people in that in 6 hours we managed TWO rides. NEVER EVER A-FUCKING-GAIN.

vivizone Fri 29-Mar-13 23:40:16

Unfortunately I don't have a Tesco point card. Will check The Sun (boak)

Thanks

vivizone Fri 29-Mar-13 23:42:57

The Sun is no good as dates for offer start July 13. It's for a Birthday treat early April.

madamy Fri 29-Mar-13 23:46:09

Kellogg's cornflakes (and maybe others) have got a 'grown ups go free' token on them. Not looked at it properly but Legoland was on there. Might be worth stocking up!

difficultpickle Fri 29-Mar-13 23:47:50

We are local and used to go a lot when ds was little. I thought it was pretty reasonable (about 3 years ago when we went regularly and had annual passes and parking was free). It was great for teaching ds patience (due to queuing time).

ShootingStarsss Fri 29-Mar-13 23:50:04

You can buy tesco vouchers club card things off ebay, might be worth looking.

vivizone Fri 29-Mar-13 23:50:08

Oh willyoulistentome, I bet your story is going to be my story. I already feel negative about it! the weather doesn't help

Thanks Madamy, will check Cereal boxes.

BackforGood Fri 29-Mar-13 23:51:34

They price them, assuming most people will use the BOGOFs.
My dc are past that sort of stuff now, but we always used to have BOGOFs from all sorts of things for Legoland and it's group of themeparks.
When we went, the dc all got in free with Blue Peter Cards - they are worth finding out about for admission to places.

BackforGood Fri 29-Mar-13 23:52:19

x-posted
Bad weather is good, means the queus are much shorter wink

MyDarlingClementine Fri 29-Mar-13 23:52:39

Yes its ridiculous, we were looking at peppa pig world too and that is way out of our reach.

Tesco its 11 but they have a few offers on throughout the year when that drops to only 7.50 per ticket.

I have to say I am not a fan of tesco at all, however their points have enabled us to have many days out we simply would not have been able to afford otherwise.

we went right at the begining of the season, it was busy but bearable.

jojane Sat 30-Mar-13 00:05:24

We went last August and stayed in the legoland hotel, meant we got half hour earlier so got a few rides in before the hordes descended. The hotel was amazing and added to the experience

willyoulistentome Sat 30-Mar-13 00:10:21

Viv. Early April = school holidays. You won't be able to move. Seriously. Do something else for a treat. You will have a crap day.

frillynat81 Sat 30-Mar-13 00:11:36

my ds is desperate to go but its way too expensive for me. I'm in Scotland too so its quite a hike to start. I took him to the legoland discovery centre in Manchester Trafford centre. that was quite cool and he had fun, but only kills 3 or 4 hours.

piprabbit Sat 30-Mar-13 00:14:05

The food is dire. Pack a picnic.

LAlady Sat 30-Mar-13 00:17:35

I used to have a Merlin annual pass and we live about 15 minutes away. I was very glad when the children decided no more. Awful overpriced place.

vivizone Sat 30-Mar-13 01:27:00

willyoulistentome - ARGH never thought of that. I actually feel really lethargic just thinking about it all. It's for my Nephew but he really needs to consider again.

Thanks all.

Kazooblue Sat 30-Mar-13 08:29:16

Have been twice and not worth the money.If you go during a busy time it is ridiculous and I would say it is actually a rip off.

Food is utterly dire.

Legoland Hotel not worth the money either and very poor customer service.

HokeyCokeyPigInAPokey Sat 30-Mar-13 08:30:56

YANBU, it is a total rip off and unless you take the dc out of school and go in term time you never get to go on everything.

I am so glad our dds are too big for it now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now