To not understand why some people have everyone bum licking them and running around after them?

(54 Posts)
GreenJeans Fri 29-Mar-13 22:15:24

And they're usually very self centred people too, with everyone falling over themselves to be their friend and to kiss their arse!

I know two people who are like this; they are both my friends in real life and they are also on my Facebook friends list. Both seem to do various attention seeking statuses each day, and make very little effort for others. Both have people falling over themselves to tell them how wonderful they are and how much they love them. And people always saying they want to meet up with them.

One in particular seems to have quite a dramatic life, well I think she finds drama in everything. She just has to post she's broken a toe nail and people are outraged on her behalf, offering her hugs and asking if there's anything she can do to help.

I don't get it. How do these people collect friends/hangers on?

purplecushion Sat 30-Mar-13 02:08:47

Facebook attention seekers are annoying its better to hide them and then you don't have to read all the rubbish.

One girl I was friendly with who hated a lot of people and got bullied at school has all the bullies and people who ignored her at school as fb friends and likes all their stuff.

Another girl i know stole a guy off someone and now she's married him and her and the ex who he has a couple of kids with are mates on fb and like every sentence each other says.

Another one moans about being in a lot of pain but is always out boozing, and always getting takeaways and shopping. Her daughters's 12 and things about 50 shades of Grey are all over her page. I havent read that book but I dont think its suitable for 12 and a half year olds from what Ive heard of it or is this normal?

purplecushion Sat 30-Mar-13 02:16:29

Yanbu! Forgot to say that and I also find it irritating when people keep posting pictures of their nails every couple of weeks! And get about 30 or 40 likes.

No wonder soap viewing figures have gone down its not because of Sky it's becuse everybodys logging into Facebook to see what the new nails and hairdos or nights out pictures followed by 10 pictures of their kids and how they love them soooo much!

greencolorpack Sat 30-Mar-13 22:57:35

I'm avoiding FB at the moment because I finally have something to boast about and I don't want to because other people on there last year boasted so crassly that I withdrew from them completely. So I don't want to boast. So I dont want to say anything at all.

Most of the status messages I put up are looking for validation and approval from my mum and I never get it. I tried spelling out how hard life was when mil was dying and we needed more help with the kids and I said something like "I wish dh had more family around him" and my mum posted back "he has you, love" spectacularly missing the point, and so I posted a picture of Marie Antoinette saying "let them eat cake" which my mum would not get cos she doesnt get subtext.

I guess what I am saying is life is hard and posting your real emotional needs on FB is pointless and a one way ticket to feeling even more desolate and loserish. Still. Mustn't grumble!

JustinBsMum Sat 30-Mar-13 23:32:32

Well,
this is blatantly a new challenge to you Green Jeans to see how long it takes you to up your responses to a status update.

I think a 68 responses challenge would be asking too much but how about 4 next week, 8 the week after, onwards and upwards, until you are happily one of the bum-licked!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now