Following on from all the bra threads...AIBU in thinking the media skews our image of bra sizes?

(130 Posts)

I'm a recent convert to a properly fitting bra. I was wearing a 38C, but was measured and found out I'm actually a 34DD/E.

At first I thought there is no way that's right, but it is...I'm so much more comfortable now.

I was reading that story yesterday about the woman who had a boob job on the NHS (easy to find a link) and apparently she has 36DD boobs. I look at that now and think NO WAY ON EARTH are they 36DD. She's much slimmer than me so haw can she have a bigger back size? Plus the volume of boob is about twice that of mine!

AIBU in thinking no wonder so many women are surprised at their correct size, and will put up with bras that fit so badly because they think "How can I possibly be an E cup?? Look at Jordan, Pammy etc"?

Oh and thanks again to all the lovely bra women on here...the campaign is great grin

OK, rephrase - from a fitting perspective Bravissimo are getting it right. That was what I meant - the shops who are fitting women properly. When Bravissimo started up getting bras above a D-ish was almost impossible so they filled a niche at the time. Until we got a Bravissimo in town I could not have walked in to a shop, any shop, and got a bra in my current size. For many sizes (anything above a J cup and 28s) they are still the only option available around here.

So I do completely understand the frustration. Those who fall outside the typical high street 32-28 A-D range have a much harder time. But I'm not sure Bravissimo are the right people to blame

TakingChances how did you take that overbust measurement? based on the sizes you have given a 30B or 30C but I would expect your 34B to be gaping quite a bit (does it?)

Did you do the overbust measure bending over with bra off?

I was kneeling on the bed. Just read the bit about bending over...will do that now

Ok. Under bust standing up straight:29 1/2. Over bust bent at the waist: 33

So a 30C?

Sometimes my boobs explode out of my 34B bra, when I am premenstrual for example. Other times there is a big gap between me and the bra. I think I fluctuate by around 2 cup sizes during my cycle. Today is a small-boob day, if I measured in 2 weeks I reckon the bent over boob measurement would be 35

That makes sense - I fluctuate quite a bit too. On today's measurements yes, start with a 30C (which is volume wise one cup size smaller than your 34B) but you might want to consider two bra buying trips - one at small size and one when premenstral if the difference is that big. I'd guess based on what you are saying you probably need anywhere between a 30C and 30DD on any given day

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now