I want to vent about Dhs witch of a step mother, who despite havi g 4 go is now talking about joining the grandparents club for the first time because Dhs brother has had his first.

(52 Posts)
D0G Wed 27-Mar-13 23:04:38

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

D0G Wed 27-Mar-13 23:10:08

StuntGirl Wed 27-Mar-13 23:12:30

Is there a reason she hasn't bothered with your children?

My step grandmother was like this. Your children will soon see her (and your FIL) for the type they are. It's really hurtful and you are right to be upset.

YellowandGreenandRedandBlue Wed 27-Mar-13 23:17:23

I think it is futile trying to understand 'why'. It appears she is being hurtful or provocative for some reason.

My feeling is with people who play favourites it is often better NOT to be favourite, because then you can get on with your own life in peace.

Teach your kids that this is nothing to do with them and all her issue, if they're aware at all.

D0G Wed 27-Mar-13 23:17:32

D0G Wed 27-Mar-13 23:19:18

Ha I got disinherited in favour of the step grandmothers family shock

TheChaoGoesMu Wed 27-Mar-13 23:21:48

A vibrator? Why the fuck would he do that?

D0G Wed 27-Mar-13 23:22:53

StuntGirl Wed 27-Mar-13 23:23:02

It sounds like they had a very fixed view of what being a grandparent was going to be like and when that version of events didn't transpire they cut you out. Sounds fucking mental to me, they're the ones losing out.

If she's posting daft things like "Excited about being a grandma for the first time" I'd be tempted to comment underneath with " *fifth time" then delete and block the daft mare and any other similar family members. Stop all contact. Then get on with your life and surround yourself and your children with fabulous, wonderful, loving friends and family. You don't need them, you really don't.

D0G Wed 27-Mar-13 23:23:13

rumbelina Wed 27-Mar-13 23:23:20

My stepmother went on and on about being a grandma when her new husband's daughter had a baby (my dad is dead, she was with him approx 14 years).

When my son was born I asked her 3 times in 5 months to meet up and she rejected each time. Havent bothered again, haven't heard from her. It's very hurtful.

StuntGirl Wed 27-Mar-13 23:24:02

shock A vibrator??!! What a frigging loon! confused

JustinBsMum Wed 27-Mar-13 23:31:25

It's upsetting that she is being so spiteful but doubly upsetting when it affects your DCs.

But don't pay attention to stuff on fb. Who tells the whole truth on there. The first months with a pfb can be a nightmare, and who knows if DSM is actually winding up DB and DSIL instead of being perfect GM.

My DCs GMs were miles away and they really didn't miss them, though we did see them now and again. Some GMs just dote on one GC, don't know why, my DM did (not one of mine) but they didn't end up with any closer relationship than mine did when perfectGC grew up.

Be glad you are out of the way.

D0G Wed 27-Mar-13 23:31:45

D0G Wed 27-Mar-13 23:39:57

D0G Wed 27-Mar-13 23:40:59

ScrambledSmegs Wed 27-Mar-13 23:53:51

No of course they're not. They're beautiful, adorable kids.

However, your FIL and his batty wife are awful. Abominably.

D0G Thu 28-Mar-13 07:50:00

YellowandGreenandRedandBlue Thu 28-Mar-13 07:55:00

No, it is not Because your kids a awful.

Stop taking this crap onto yourself and your family. Your fil sounds like a pita, be thankful you dn't see him and just look after your lovely family.

YellowandGreenandRedandBlue Thu 28-Mar-13 07:55:49

And unfriend them on fb. Stop giving a toss what they say!

INeedThatForkOff Thu 28-Mar-13 07:58:45

Well if she replies that this is her first, you should remind her of the four she's forgotten on the same post.

YellowandGreenandRedandBlue Thu 28-Mar-13 08:03:48

No don't remind her. That is just feeding the drama. Sop engaging and use our energy on something positive!

YellowandGreenandRedandBlue Thu 28-Mar-13 08:04:12

Sop = stop and our = your.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now