Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

to think he shouldn't park his van there

(110 Posts)
FunnysInLaJardin Tue 26-Mar-13 22:19:50

OK so we live on quite an exclusive estate and have a visitor parking area. One of our neighbours who I think is a tradesman insists on parking his huge van in the visitor parking. It really annoys me as he has his own drive and won't use it prob because he parks his caravan there and there isn't any room.

Last week my nanny who usually parks on the visitor parking couldn't park and so had to park on the road.

DH has spoken to him and has got short shrift, but it is in our deeds that he shouldn't park there. Not to mention how untidy the estate looks with a huge horrid van parked in the middle. not to mention the caravan.

I think I may have to speak to the association rep, but AIBU? I don't want to cause trouble as it is a nice estate, but really!

gordyslovesheep Germany Tue 26-Mar-13 22:54:33

bet he's the type of rough tradesman you think about on a dull wet afternoon grin

and yes - no double garage or large drive way ...time to move somewhere better

I have a feeling all the OPs spoons are brand new from John Lewis. no family silver...

FunnysInLaJardin Tue 26-Mar-13 22:55:05

the nanny has quite a nice car actually, a Prius or some such

apostropheuse Tue 26-Mar-13 22:55:24

Why does your nanny have a car? Mary Poppins managed perfectly well without one.

FunnysInLaJardin Tue 26-Mar-13 22:55:55

we do have a double garage but only DH can park in it as the other half has a load of storage stuff in it

SadGiantPanda Tue 26-Mar-13 22:56:36

No family silver? How very vulgar.

MardyPants Tue 26-Mar-13 22:57:23

Surely if it only has 4 houses, it is a 'street', not an 'estate'? Am I missing something?

Agree though, it is disgusting, to park your van, in a parking space. Bring back the stocks.

Tally ho!

Maryz Cote D'Ivoire Tue 26-Mar-13 22:57:32

Does the cleaner not declutter your garage for you shock?

Shoot Sack her.

gordyslovesheep Germany Tue 26-Mar-13 22:57:59

I live on a bog standard new build estate in a 3 bed ...I have a garage and drive plus front of house parking for 4 cars ...you where robbed op!

DorcasDelIcatessen Tue 26-Mar-13 22:59:37

it's just quite a nice exclusive estate - Not that nice if you have to live near a MANUAL worker. This will tell me everything I need to know. Would you let him shit in yer bog? An actual shit with shit smells and needing to be wiped away and sprayed after and everything type of shit.

yes gordy but its not 'exclusive'. you can buy new build but class costs more.

FunnysInLaJardin Tue 26-Mar-13 23:01:26

Mardy it's a large cul de sac really. Lots of open space and just 4 nice houses. We have a double garage each and a drive. We are not supposed to park on the estate road, just in the visitor parking. And no, I would be furious if the cleaner touched the stuff in the garage. It's mostly old valuable furniture which we are thinking about sending to auction

gordyslovesheep Germany Tue 26-Mar-13 23:01:33

I know <weeps onto off road parking spaces>

gordyslovesheep Germany Tue 26-Mar-13 23:03:05

don't send it to auction ...you must take it to Antiques Road Show ...in fact you could have a special ARS from your nice exclusive estate ...if there is enough parking for the crew and you don't mind trades men using the spaces

Maryz Cote D'Ivoire Tue 26-Mar-13 23:09:14

I live in a detatched house in its own grounds.

very small grounds, garden sized grounds in fact

and it's falling down, literally

But it's detached.

mumarchy Tue 26-Mar-13 23:14:17

have a suspicion that FunnysInLaJardin is winding everyone up for a laugh with her tale of Tradesman with Polish wife, exclusive estate, 6 bed double garage detached house, nanny etc grin!

GreenEggsAndNichts Tue 26-Mar-13 23:16:32

Indeed, just how exclusive can this enclave be if there are tradesmen owning houses there? really. So what if he can afford the place, surely there must be some rugged manly otherwise expensive street for he and his Polish wife to live on.

Tell me it's a Transporter, at least. No Transit vans on Exclusive Close. I'll clutch my pearls.

Maryz Cote D'Ivoire Tue 26-Mar-13 23:21:41

shock mumarchy, surely you aren't troll-hunting are you - you know that's against the guidelines.

Funnys has a genuine, real, problem here. It's very serious, and sensitive, and she will get very upset if you doubt her even if we all know she's talking a load of horlicks

mumarchy Tue 26-Mar-13 23:32:06

My sincere apologies Funnys! New to MN. Wasn't troll hunting!

Maryz Cote D'Ivoire Tue 26-Mar-13 23:42:13

[arf]

Welcome to Mumsnet mumarchy smile

carry on, it's a load of bollocks, some of the best people on mumsnet are troll-hunters, but I didn't say that because that would be against the guidelines

charlearose Wed 27-Mar-13 08:12:35

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

charlearose Wed 27-Mar-13 08:15:39

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

dawntigga Wed 27-Mar-13 08:17:33

hahhahahaaaaa, I thought nanny as in grandma not nanny as in looks after children and got quite confused.

CouldTheOpBEAnymoreEntitledTiggaxx

WhoWhatWhereWhen Wed 27-Mar-13 08:20:56

OP, call the DM and start working on your "sad face" for the photo

RandallPinkFloyd Wed 27-Mar-13 08:23:26

Ting ting ting, I call full house wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now