to think Paul Hollywood could not love himself more?

(89 Posts)
josparkle Mon 25-Mar-13 20:59:08

This is the impression i get from his new bread baking show on the bbc,DP is watching it and i can't help but give a commentary on how much he seems to love himself, am i right or am i just being mean to the man?!

MrsLouisTheroux Tue 26-Mar-13 16:21:18

Mmm grin

MrsLouisTheroux Tue 26-Mar-13 16:25:52

lizzy:" OK. So we're ready. We'll start with something gentle. The bloomer. Take 500 grammes of strong – and I mean strong – white flour. Add 10 grammes of salt, 40ml of olive oil, 240ml water and then thrust your hands deeply into the mix. Manipulate till firm (you, not me) and the dough begins to ooze between my strong, manly fingers. Nice. Then leave to prove – baby, I can prove it all night – before taking a sharp knife and slashing some cuts into the top. Put in the oven for a bit and you have a loaf fit for Greggs." Ha Ha!

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Tue 26-Mar-13 16:34:10

Nothing oozes pheromones quite like a contintental loaf. I know it's hard not to associate a ciabatta with the spindly fingers of a metrosexual Italian. But, take it from me, in the right hands – mine – it is a bread that can be both powerfully manly and erotic. Just stretch out the dough to a magnificent 12 inches and then lie back on your banneton and close your eyes as I whisper "fougasse" into your ear. Play your cards right and I might even add a raspberry before I focaccia. Mmm.

smile

Lizzylou Tue 26-Mar-13 16:35:30

I might even add a raspberry before I focaccia. Mmm.

Oh my. wink

Lizzylou Tue 26-Mar-13 16:36:39

He does have strong manly fingers, doesn't he MrsLT?

Such big hands.
And piercing blue eyes.

CambridgeBlue Tue 26-Mar-13 16:39:56

It's those twinkly eyes that get me...

In interviews he claims to find all the attention a bit embarrassing and he mentions his wife and (I think) son at every opportunity so maybe he's actually a nice guy. I drooled over met him at a cake show last year and he was lovely to us.

MrsLouisTheroux Tue 26-Mar-13 21:20:15

Lizzy strong manly fingers, hands and arms.
My equally desirable fantasy DH, Mr. LT is the complete opposite but that doesn't stop me fantasising over PH and his bread making prowess.
Just a thought, you know some people look like their pet? Horsey people tend to look a bit horsey and all that? Don't you think PH has a (very appealing) dough like quality to him? He's lovely smile

Kazooblue Tue 26-Mar-13 21:21:54

He gets on my wick.Wanted to shove his and Mary Berry's faces right into their mixing bowls.

MrsLouisTheroux Tue 26-Mar-13 21:35:37

Kaz Now that's a bit harsh! Poor Paul sad Poor Mary. sad

Scholes34 Tue 26-Mar-13 21:57:48

He has all round appeal. DS (12) was happily watching the England match until I mentioned Hollywood and Bezza were on the other side. He was then faced with a dilemma of what to watch.

SarahStratton Tue 26-Mar-13 23:49:26

I wouldn't mind sharing a post coital fag with him after chewing on his baguette.

This.

GreenEggsAndNichts Tue 26-Mar-13 23:49:35

I love him. sad I never notice celebrities. I love him for being slightly grumpy, and his kneading techniques.

I was sad to read he's filmed something for the US version of Bakeoff. With the ego he seems to have, I suspect he'll be off there like a shot if they even suggest it. sigh.

To be fair, I only noticed him because I like baking bread and he's always on these shows. He's grown on me. If I'd just seen him on something, I wouldn't have fancied him, so I can see where the naysayers are coming from. smile

That t-shirt he wore the other night was horrible. truly. Almost enough to put me off him. The grandpa pleather coat with too many pockets also has to go. Are you taking notes, Mr Hollywood? Stick to the button-down shirts.

SarahStratton Tue 26-Mar-13 23:55:24

I want to see him in a suit. I bet looks hawt in a suit.

HazeltheMcWitch Tue 26-Mar-13 23:56:39

He gets on my wick

I'd get on his blush

ThatVikRinA22 Tue 26-Mar-13 23:58:01

i know a thing or two about this fella......dh is in same business. you would be shocked. shocked i tell ya.

of course i cant tell ya.....wish i could he is a cunt sorry to disillusion you ladies.....

HazeltheMcWitch Tue 26-Mar-13 23:58:16
HazeltheMcWitch Tue 26-Mar-13 23:58:51

*VICAR*

Tell us more.

And your dh is a baker? I am well-jel.

GreenEggsAndNichts Wed 27-Mar-13 00:00:42

Vicar he reminds me of an ex of mine. He was also a cunt. I've long suspected they might have similar personalities.

I am, of course, dying to know details.

I have to sleep, though. sad

ThatVikRinA22 Wed 27-Mar-13 00:02:19

i fear i cannot....--unless you pm me for fear of libel-- but yes - dh is a baker - a very very good baker of, mmm, lets see......of 30 years. he makes the best artisan speciality breads of anyone i have ever known.

but i have a tale or 3 to tell of the famous mr hollywood....which i cant tell obvs!

ThatVikRinA22 Wed 27-Mar-13 00:02:48

strike out fail

ThatVikRinA22 Wed 27-Mar-13 00:03:09

now why did that work and my other didnt?? angry

ThatVikRinA22 Wed 27-Mar-13 00:04:50

oh and watching my dh do hand moulding is an erotic experience.......blush

we met in a bakery. nuff said.

GreenEggsAndNichts Wed 27-Mar-13 00:05:05

I totally understand. I just had to say I'm going to bed because I didn't want someone convincing you to share, then waking up tomorrow to find that it's been deleted.

I will certainly not be pestering you via PM for gossip as soon as I'm awake again

smile

CatPussInACrownOfThorns Wed 27-Mar-13 00:05:13

Vicar, you didnt leave a space between the dots and your strikeout.

SarahStratton Wed 27-Mar-13 00:15:16

Ahem <coffs to clear throat>

Someone may possibly have a PM blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now