ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

Is this cheeky?

(26 Posts)
Snugglepiggy Fri 22-Mar-13 18:26:45

Think I am going through a grumpy phase with my business.Posted previously about keeping to our opening hours and not being always available just because we work from home.
Now just had a call from a customer.Repeat customer not a good friend to say she isn't far from home but road a bit iffy.If she was to park up would my DH take her home in our 4x4 .We don't have one but do have vans.But the point is it is still light and I'm pretty certain she's the organised type to have boots and all the gear in her car.And walking from where she was to home would take 30 max - and tbh that's what I would do in her shoes / boots rather than ring someone at the end of the working day when she knows the very job we do (dog boarding/ walking) necessitates a lot of to-ing and fro-ing and when the weathers bad that makes the working day much tougher .
We would never see anyone really stuck or in danger but honestly it's not that bad here.
Is it me or is it cheeky?

Snugglepiggy Sat 23-Mar-13 18:23:03

Thanks for that Betty,and Hello.Going to focus on the many lovely customers we deal with and try not to let this one rile me.And if requests like this continue too often will withdraw.Thing is even when she offers to pay for extra stuff it's hard to price and quantify and would take us away from our real business - so not going down that route.
Yes early on we identified we needed to charge extra for w/ ends and BH service.When you have keys it was too tempting for some to go out and the decide to do other stuff and then ring us to ask if we would just ' pop up' and let the dogs out / do walk.Now ,unless it' s a real emergency ,out of hours is by prior arrangement only so,we know we can have some time off and relax.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now