To think that my dm doesn't like me?

(30 Posts)
dingit Fri 22-Mar-13 18:22:52

My DS has next week off work. I am a sahm with two school aged kids. ( don't judge me!). They have arranged at least two days out together including a shopping trip. They never ask me. They have nearly always been like this, and in the past I have sobbed over being left out. She does help out with my dcs, I cooked her a lovely roast for Mother's Day, but she does not seem to want my company much. I haven't cried this time, but it's making me feel very down. My df seems to like me better. I will probably spend time with him instead.

b4bunnies Sat 23-Mar-13 11:20:57

get your name down for counselling. if you're uk/going via gp it can be six months wait, so do start now.

I agree with b4. Also, I think you might want to consider distancing yourself and giving yourself some space from them, if only because it seems to be really getting to you, which will just contribute to the spiral.

By the way: without having heard exactly it was that she said, I'm not sure it's so odd to end a conversation when someone (anyone!) has come to the door? That doesn't mean to imply that your family dynamic isn't toxic, just that it has you quite wound up, clearly.

CBT might be worth looking into: the theory of lifetraps might also be useful to read up on.

airforce1 Sat 23-Mar-13 17:13:19

A former colleague would refer to her DB as "the Royal Brother" meaning that her mother treated her brother like royalty and she was left to fend for herself. This is so true and I also have a Royal brother, who went to one of the best and most expensive public schools in the country and I went to a REALLY CRAPPY SCHOOL AND BUMMED OUT WHILE HE WENT TO OXFORD. Anyway. Where was I? Ah yes. Anyway, I phoned my mother the other day to ask her over for Easter Sunday but apparently my aunt is coming to stay with her and they are all going over to my cousin's for Easter (who lives about 20 mins from me). My aunt lives 300 miles away and there is no provision in her Easter itinerary for my family to meet up, despite us all having a 3-line whip to go down to her house last Easter.

I would be hur

airforce1 Sat 23-Mar-13 17:13:38

stupid l

airforce1 Sat 23-Mar-13 17:14:28

stupid laptop keeps freezing

I would be hurt, but it isn't the first time this has happened so I just think "enjoy yourselves" now. It's definately them, not us.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now