To think I was being punished by the universe for eating a Gregg's sausage roll?

(34 Posts)
crashdoll Fri 22-Mar-13 15:50:08

As I walked from the station to my place of work, a newly opened Gregg's caught my eye. I fought the internal beast but lost and I trundled off to buy a hot, delicious greasy unhealthy calorific sausage roll.

Some 20 metres from the shop, I fell over (usually occurrence thanks to my disability) and found myself face first on the concrete. I could not get up and I had to be hauled to my feet and on to a bench by 2 very kind strangers. I didn't cry till they left. I cried because I was embarrassed and because I was hurt and because I had a massive hole in my new work trousers but mostly I cried because my sausage roll was lying on the pavement! I wiped my tears and eventually, felt ok enough to limp off to work. Obviously, I was grieving for my sausage roll and cast a sad look behind me and what I saw was quite shocking! I saw THREE fucking pigeons fighting over MY sausage roll.

So, AIBU to think the universe was punishing me for going in Gregg's? I know just the title of this thread will have some of you hoiking your judgey pants up but truth be told, I had no desire to even enter Gregg's until I became an MN regular.

pollywollydoodle Fri 22-Mar-13 15:56:47

at least they waited until it was on the floorwink

hope you are ok now op...i have a lot of falls , iisn't it a pain in the arse (and anything else you land on)
fancy a cheese and onion party now

MansView Fri 22-Mar-13 15:57:07

I think 'someone' did you a favour in making you fall over...

hopefully you've learnt your lesson..! smile

pollywollydoodle Fri 22-Mar-13 15:57:28

and a pastysmile

jamakatab Fri 22-Mar-13 15:59:02

Feel virtuous instead..... you've helped some wildlife and kept your waistline. grin

DeepRedBetty Fri 22-Mar-13 15:59:35

The universe was punishing you for choosing the sausage roll in preference to the horse steak bake. <drools>

itshothere Fri 22-Mar-13 16:04:04

Poor sausage roll.....oh and poor you. Hope your ok and no damage other than your pride. Really fancy a sausage roll now sad ....

crashdoll Fri 22-Mar-13 16:06:12

Yes, all ok thanks. Bruised arse, knee and pride but otherwise, fine. Obviously, I'm still sad over the sausage roll but I'll get over it....probably....!

FaceLikeAPickledOnion Fri 22-Mar-13 16:08:12

Yabu to call it delicious, they are rank (but used to be delicious)

Manchesterhistorygirl Fri 22-Mar-13 16:09:02

You could always get one on your way home. I love Greggs. But the cheese and onion pasties! Yum!

FaceLikeAPickledOnion Fri 22-Mar-13 16:09:46

How did you manage to fall and hurt your arse and knee?

Think of it another way, your loss was the pigeons gain, kept them full in this harsh weather wink

Ooh, ouch!

I once fell over so spectacularly on a hill, that I hurt my left shoulder and my right knee. I kind of twisted as I went down over a kerb... And fell face down in the road where I lay and whimpered. No one came to help.

Anyway, hope you feel better soon. Get two sausage rolls on the way home, but eat them off a plate sitting at the table just in case. With bread and butter and loads of ketchup <drools>

Owllady Fri 22-Mar-13 16:24:10

you can buy a frozen box of 4 for £1.50 from iceland
hth smile

sorry you fell over, are you okay?

HoppinMad Fri 22-Mar-13 16:27:54

Sorry you fell over, can imagine the embarrassment and annoyance at losingthe roll. Should have tossed it in the nearest litter bin that would have stopped the cheeky fuckers pigeons from devouring it!

quoteunquote Fri 22-Mar-13 16:28:49

You do know the pigeons are getting fishing line from the seagulls, and your trip was no accident,

the seagulls here, don't wait for you to fall, they just grab it from your hand, and fight you for it.

I've never had a Greggs(never seen a greggs, I don't think we have them) sausage roll, I'm very intrigued, what are they like, and why does everyone go on about them?

Areyoumadorisitme Fri 22-Mar-13 16:42:25

But do the frozen ones taste the same??

Sorry for your loss OP thanks

Oh op - The bloody universe has alot to answer for angry

Seriously - the ONE thing you we looking forward to amd..BAM - it is gone.

Please get yourself a takeaway tonight. You deserve it!!! Hope you feel better soon.

OhChristHasRisenFENTON Fri 22-Mar-13 16:47:24

Greedy bastard pigeons.

Owllady Fri 22-Mar-13 16:47:50

Yes the frozen ones are really nice blush

and the sausage and bean melts and the cornish pasties apparently <looks at dh>

Noooo, that's a real tragedy sad
I'd have picked it up and eaten it

itshothere Fri 22-Mar-13 16:50:26

Hope the greedy bastard pigeons are too fat to fly now and a greedy bastard cat comes along grin

Goodadvice1980 Fri 22-Mar-13 17:02:21

I reckon it was the greedy pigeons who shoved you over!

Hope the torn trousers can be repaired.

coughingbean Fri 22-Mar-13 17:43:01

Oh poor you thanks

<runs to greggs to satisfy vean and sausage pasty craving> blush

ENormaSnob Fri 22-Mar-13 17:45:42

Try the pound bakery next time to make up for today's pain wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now