Seriously? Katie Hopkins in the same debate as a bereaved mother? Radio 2 - what were you thinking?

(44 Posts)
Molehillmountain Fri 22-Mar-13 13:24:35

Is this woman the only possible spokesperson for businesses in the uk? And how could she, with her brick like sensitivity and zero empathy, possibly be the right choice for today's Jeremy Vine debate? I know it's not Radio 4, but really? Aibu?

Tigglette Fri 22-Mar-13 19:40:46

Hmmm I wonder what her view is of businesses that can't be arsed keeping their website up to date? "What do I want to be able to say about your business by 2012."

I'm guessing her web admin was too busy taking a tea break...

LineRunner Fri 22-Mar-13 19:35:10

You got that right, Original.

LadyBeagleEyes Fri 22-Mar-13 19:33:01

That is a very good point TheOriginal.

scratchandsniff Fri 22-Mar-13 19:08:18

she is a complete nobber. Can't stand the woman. Nothing intelligent has ever come out of her mouth.

ubik Fri 22-Mar-13 19:01:44

The Original Lady - I agree, I think that is exactly why she gets booked, and she is too stupid to see it.

Tortington Fri 22-Mar-13 18:24:58

I dont know who she is, why is she famous~?

landofsoapandglory Fri 22-Mar-13 18:22:07

I reckon she's skint. Why else would she be being wheeled out at every available opportunity at the moment?

She annoys me so, so much. I can not watch her, I'd end up chucking something at the TV!

TheOriginalLadyFT Fri 22-Mar-13 18:19:30

I think it's obvious why the male-dominated media book her repeatedly - she's a woman saying all the women-hating things that political correctness stops the BBC allowing actual men to say

MrsDoomsPatterson Fri 22-Mar-13 18:16:30

Shes actually trying to be like Janet Street Porter, sadly she lacks her intelligence.

MrsDoomsPatterson Fri 22-Mar-13 18:14:10

She's strange fruit. Making hay while the sun shines. Guess she'll be gone as fast as she arrived & we'll have forgotten her. Hope she's saving!

JustGiveMeFiveMinutes Fri 22-Mar-13 18:05:30

Have you read her blog? The article entitled 'Why we hate the school gate' mentions mumsnet.

There are some amazing people on here. Women who have achieved more than KH ever will. She really pisses me off hmm

MrsDoomsPatterson Fri 22-Mar-13 17:54:17

What was she originally? Just someone who got lucky & was picked to go on telly, boy has she capitalised on that since.

coffeeinbed Fri 22-Mar-13 17:34:40

It would be good if she had her own show actually.
Will be easy to avoid.
She's bloody everywhere now.

LadyBeagleEyes Fri 22-Mar-13 16:58:55

So sick of her turning up on everything as soon as they need a 'professional woman's' opinion.
Lazy, lazy journalism.
Yes she was on This Morning this week, now on Jeremy Vine and she turns up on Daybreak all the bloody time.
She was in a couple of reality shows as far as I know, The Apprentice and I'm a Celebrity.
And that is it, I've no idea what her 'Business' is.
Why don't they get people like Justine or even the founder of Netmums (sorry, don't know her name) who speak for women and know how to run a successful business?
And I hate that with this type of thread, we keep giving this total waste of space attention, but she makes me so cross.

LineRunner Fri 22-Mar-13 16:53:37

Katie Hopinion.

Meeja minion.

BlueberryHill Fri 22-Mar-13 16:49:55

Maybe we should turn off when Katie comes on, email the relevant shows to say why. They book her because she is controversial, we turn her off because she souts crap. Hit them in the ratings.

BlueberryHill Fri 22-Mar-13 16:48:30

Lorelai, please email and complain, I have in the past, she was on talking about the rail franchise mess up, they could have found an expert on the area, but no they asked Katie for her comments. She thought Richard Branson should have won because he has 'get up and go'. Such wise, insightful comments, and she gets paid for this shit. Lazy journalism.

Molehillmountain Fri 22-Mar-13 15:57:17

I like being at home in my slippers. So I have found one thing that I might not object to Katie saying. She may well be envious of my rather fine spotty numbers.

MixedClassBaby Fri 22-Mar-13 15:08:56

She doesn't represent anyone I know either. She's a RL troll and presses people's buttons which is why I guess she gets booked. She referred to SAHMs as being at home 'in their slippers' on This Morning yesterday. Best ignored.

JustGiveMeFiveMinutes Fri 22-Mar-13 14:42:56

Pmsl at ubik

ubik Fri 22-Mar-13 14:40:52

seriously - they should get Katie Hopkins' agent on to talk about running a successful business

MrsDoomsPatterson Fri 22-Mar-13 14:32:08

Her agent must be working 24/7 at the moment. It'll be the Katie Hopikins Show next.

Oh blimey.

ubik Fri 22-Mar-13 14:21:50

I wouldn't mind so much if she was CEO of a successful business - I would strongly disagree with her, but I would think well, she's walked the walk

But she's just a meeja twinkie - and everytime she appears it's a missed opportunity for another woman with some brain cells to appear to make some useful points.

But thoes women are probably so busy working they don't have time appear on daytime radio shows

Moominsarehippos Fri 22-Mar-13 14:17:39

Waves what at Ghastly?

kim147 Fri 22-Mar-13 14:10:00

<Waves to Katie who's probably reading this thread>

If I listen, will it annoy the hell out of me?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now