Seriously? Katie Hopkins in the same debate as a bereaved mother? Radio 2 - what were you thinking?

(44 Posts)
Molehillmountain Fri 22-Mar-13 13:24:35

Is this woman the only possible spokesperson for businesses in the uk? And how could she, with her brick like sensitivity and zero empathy, possibly be the right choice for today's Jeremy Vine debate? I know it's not Radio 4, but really? Aibu?

GladbagsGold Fri 22-Mar-13 13:26:03

I thought the same thing when I heard her voice! arrgghhh.

BlueberryHill Fri 22-Mar-13 13:26:34

No, she was saying something about businesses not needing another layer of bureaucracy to deal with ..... on top of maternity, sickness etc.

She seems to be having a busy media day.

Moominsarehippos Fri 22-Mar-13 13:27:20

What happened?
Maybe they were hoping for someone lamping that ghastly woman on live radio.

Molehillmountain Fri 22-Mar-13 13:30:25

I just feel that radio and newspaper bosses should be a bit more imaginative in their choices. She appeared to tone down her usual unpleasant bigotry but still managed to nearly compare compassionate leave with tea breaks. Grrrr!

Molehillmountain Fri 22-Mar-13 13:31:19

If what she was saying came out of another persons mouth would have sounded a bit better.

Heard it, I too thought why do they bother with just her.

She's vile and I thought she lacked any king of empathy towards that other Contributor who lost her child, bleating about how much her employees cost her in tea breaks! angry

NinaNannar Fri 22-Mar-13 13:39:08

she was ok/
the scottish guy was a wanker

ubik Fri 22-Mar-13 13:42:44

I've no idea why researchers keep putting her up as some business guru - what successful business does KH run? How many employees does she have?

Has she found some gainful employment apart from spouting vitriol? Don't tell me, is she running a media/PR business promoting herself busioness advice? I can't be arsed to look.

MrsKeithRichards Fri 22-Mar-13 13:45:48

What does she do? Who does she employ?

JustGiveMeFiveMinutes Fri 22-Mar-13 13:46:19

I am so tempted to make a request under the Freedom of Information Act to the BBC asking how much they have paid her for her interviews over the past 12 months. Then I could work out how many people have paid their television licences to listen to the shit that comes out of this woman's mouth.

MrsKeithRichards Fri 22-Mar-13 13:49:09

Her website is full of shit and looks shit.

Tells you nothing

Inertia Fri 22-Mar-13 13:51:07

Apparently she has a business spouting [[ http://www.katiehopkins.co.uk/Strategic-direction.html Business Jargon Claptrap]] .

Though I think this might actually be a spoof...

ubik Fri 22-Mar-13 13:51:44

I've no idea why researchers keep putting her up as some business guru - what successful business does KH run? How many employees does she have?

Has she found some gainful employment apart from spouting vitriol? Don't tell me, is she running a media/PR business promoting herself business advice? I can't be arsed to look.

I always thought her mum looked after her kids for her which is a bloody cheek after what she has said about SAHM

Molehillmountain Fri 22-Mar-13 13:52:19

Do it Just! Please! I just have this half hearted hope that she's nice really and has just, like the businesswoman she is (?) spotted a gap in the market for unkind, devils advocate style opinion mongering. Otherwise, god help her husband and children with the nasty tripe she spouts about them. I don't see a raft of article where people spill that well kept secret though.

Inertia Fri 22-Mar-13 13:56:49

Gaah link fail...

Business Jargon Claptrap

Loie159 Fri 22-Mar-13 13:57:49

i cannot abide her..... she is everything I dislike in other humans. Self serving/ attention seeking / contraversial for the sake of it..... Im guessing BBC Radio 2 were scraping the bottom of the barrel .... I mean, unless you are willing to be known as a dispicable human being who the hell else would go onto a radio show saying that nonsense.

I run my own business and if something awful like that happended to one of my employees husbands / wives or children I would rather take a pay cut and do their job myself than give them "statuatory" bereavement leave. Its not what the law say, in my mind it is having a basic moral compass and compassion, which Katie Bloody Hopkins is evidently missing in spades.

Lorelailovesluke Fri 22-Mar-13 13:59:16

I want to email Jeremy Vine to complain, was she on last week aswell? Also who is she representive of? She does not represent me or anyone I know. She makes we want to throw stuff!

I've been wondering the same when she keeps popping up on apparently sensible news/debate programs - precisely what experience does she have?

kim147 Fri 22-Mar-13 14:10:00

<Waves to Katie who's probably reading this thread>

If I listen, will it annoy the hell out of me?

Moominsarehippos Fri 22-Mar-13 14:17:39

Waves what at Ghastly?

ubik Fri 22-Mar-13 14:21:50

I wouldn't mind so much if she was CEO of a successful business - I would strongly disagree with her, but I would think well, she's walked the walk

But she's just a meeja twinkie - and everytime she appears it's a missed opportunity for another woman with some brain cells to appear to make some useful points.

But thoes women are probably so busy working they don't have time appear on daytime radio shows

MrsDoomsPatterson Fri 22-Mar-13 14:32:08

Her agent must be working 24/7 at the moment. It'll be the Katie Hopikins Show next.

Oh blimey.

ubik Fri 22-Mar-13 14:40:52

seriously - they should get Katie Hopkins' agent on to talk about running a successful business

JustGiveMeFiveMinutes Fri 22-Mar-13 14:42:56

Pmsl at ubik

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now