to wish schools could home-deliver your kids for you

(23 Posts)
MeSoFunny Fri 22-Mar-13 12:53:32

It's just so cold out there...

MyNameIsLola Fri 22-Mar-13 12:55:37

I feel your pain. DS1 had home-school transport and walking to the doorstep was fab. Then DS2 started school...hmm

DeskPlanner Fri 22-Mar-13 12:55:55

Amazing idea. But my dc's school is shut, so I can stay in the warm today.grin <smug>

MonaLotte Fri 22-Mar-13 12:56:12

I agree! It always seems to rain just at drop off and pick up!

MeSoFunny Fri 22-Mar-13 12:56:39

If I just sat here for long enough someone would bring her home, right?

MeSoFunny Fri 22-Mar-13 12:58:03

You can keep your 'Outstanding' schools, give me one which celebrates the rightful laziness of the knackered parent any day. <harumph>

TheCatInTheHairnet Fri 22-Mar-13 13:01:19

Mine does <smug face> One of the joys of living in the US is the big yellow bus!

Buzzardbird Fri 22-Mar-13 13:02:34

If they changed the time that DC's finished school do you think it would change the time it rained everyday? grin

AllTheWittyNamesAreGone Fri 22-Mar-13 13:03:08

It would be good if they would stop at the shop on the way too, they could pick me up some milk and drop it off with ds

Startail Fri 22-Mar-13 13:03:14

Secondary is bliss, the bus comes and goes from the bottom of the road.

DeWe Fri 22-Mar-13 13:03:36

Yes please!

Startail Fri 22-Mar-13 13:04:59

Rain, the rain in Wales always started either in the bus queue or just as we rounded the last corner into my home town.

It knew!

SuburbanRhonda Fri 22-Mar-13 13:08:17

Wait till they get to college - my DD walks a mile to the train station, then 20 minutes on the train then 10 minutes the other end. I booked her a taxi to the station this morning blush.

haggisaggis Fri 22-Mar-13 13:12:40

Yeah - but then the buses don't run because of the snow and your child is stuck at school and you are 2 hours away...

Karoleann Fri 22-Mar-13 13:13:01

Next door's kids get picked up and dropped off from their drive - i shudder to think what it costs though!

Beckett3 Fri 22-Mar-13 13:30:53

All of mine do! Eldest gets the bus to high school which stops about a 30 sec walk away from our door and the younger 2 are entitled to free school transport because we live a certain distance away and it pulls up on our driveway! I realise I am really lucky because the schools are both rated outstanding, in fact the high school is in the top 3 for the county.

MerryMingeWhingesAgain Fri 22-Mar-13 13:55:28

Snow day here. For a bloody inch of snow. Now got to take bored fighting children out to walk the dog and there's not even enough snow for it to be fun.

Oh God yes. In fact I'd be happy if they'd just bring her out to the car grin

Kewcumber Fri 22-Mar-13 14:02:35

ah nooooo. I still love pick up - DS is so pleased to see me and I just know it not going to last much longer (he's 7 now)

MrsGeologist Fri 22-Mar-13 14:04:59

We had a coach for school, because it was miles away.
DH was particularly lucky, that it stopped at the bus stop outside his house, so on cold days, he'd stay inside until he saw it approaching, and run out.

Lucky bugger.

sad Going out in the slush again now, not having warmed up from this morning. Full of a cold and "morning" sickness.

At least DH is working from home so I can leave the toddler asleep.

Kewcumber Fri 22-Mar-13 15:04:31

we have a cake sale afetr school today. Brrrrrrr!

Calabria Fri 22-Mar-13 17:37:57

It's only three quarters of a mile to school for us. DD is eight and could in theory get herself to and from but in practice would be on her own as no one else walks from our direction. So we walk together, have lovely conversations and I get some exercise.

It's bloody freezing, we're by the sea and the wind is buffeting the house!
This morning we walked and had hard snow flakes flung in our faces.
This afternoon I drove.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now