To expect to be paid for the hours that I have worked

(11 Posts)
Snoopingforsoup Fri 22-Mar-13 17:46:46

ACAS have a brilliant helpline. Get the number and give them a call. It's completely free.
They owe you the money for what you have worked and cannot contest that.
Good luck

x2boys Fri 22-Mar-13 17:06:14

employment even

x2boys Fri 22-Mar-13 17:03:36

they are legally obliged to pay you otherwise it is an illegal detachment of earnings look at emolyment law or cab for more advice

MixedBerries Fri 22-Mar-13 15:28:19

I'd get right down the nearest Citizen's Advice Bureau. They see things like this all the time and are really really helpful...
www.adviceguide.org.uk/wales/work_w.htm Good luck. What a horrible employer.

ThreadPirateFanjoBeard Fri 22-Mar-13 13:39:04

I would write to them - email will do. State what has happened (just the facts): I did X many hours work for you. I have not been paid. I have spoken to payroll/section manager (etc) and no one is taking responsibility for this. I am owed £200. I would be grateful if you would arrange payment as soon as possible.

Then there's a paper trail, you can show what you did and they have no excuse not to pay. If it still doesn't happen, write to them again in 7 days again asking for payment and say you will take action to recover the money. If they still don't pay you, whack in a claim with the small claims court.

lljkk Fri 22-Mar-13 12:13:36

I'd pursue it for £200.
Don't think I'd complain, just campaign to get my money & look for a nicer employer.

Lucyellensmum95 Fri 22-Mar-13 11:53:17

Did that, they palmed me off to payroll then they palmed me off back to section manager - who is one over my line manager but equally as useless.

IAmNotAMindReader Fri 22-Mar-13 11:49:34

*ask

IAmNotAMindReader Fri 22-Mar-13 11:49:25

Can you escalate your queries above your line manager? Contact your HR department and ske their advice.

Lucyellensmum95 Fri 22-Mar-13 11:48:08

anyone - feeling desperate?

Lucyellensmum95 Fri 22-Mar-13 11:35:32

After being made so ill by my job and the bullying bitch of a boss - i call today because no contract through for the work that i did do i wanated to check that i would be paid. Section manager says, oh yes i put your contract in but i dont nkow what it was - I suspect there will be an under payment. I phoned payroll and they have not received a contract angry

What can i do about this - i want to complain ab out the way i was treated

Lack of support to do the job
bullied by line manager when i asked for support
signed off sick but pursuaded to work more sessions as the line manager didn't have a clue what to do with assesments i had organised. So now i dont think they will pay me for those sessions as i was signed off, even though i never even got to hand the form from the doctor in.

I have no money - it would have only been about £200 but better than nothing

What can I do

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now