to think vienetta isnt chocolate?

(21 Posts)
eggso Tue 19-Mar-13 13:54:37

Very pleased that I've managed to keep to my no chocolate over lent rule (so far!) DP said I have to have an extra two day wait for an egg since I had some vanilla vienetta (with shit barley chocolate bits) that mil bought round. It was crap anyway!

Is he bu?

angry @ nasty chocolate with holding DP.

cozietoesie Tue 19-Mar-13 13:56:39

The necessity of keeping MIL happy and eating it overrules whatever was in it.

smile

issey6cats Tue 19-Mar-13 13:57:50

ergh theres no way viennetta is real chocolate its vile yanbu to think it isnt, horrid whipped cream stuff that would not pass the tag ice cream and horrid pretend chocolate flavoured layers

diddl Tue 19-Mar-13 14:02:13

No-it's def "fake" chocolate!

bedmonster Tue 19-Mar-13 14:07:44

Oh my god I used to love the mint vienettas! Did you used to get them with a KFC meal or something? I havent eaten KFC for about 15 years!! That is how long ago I had a vienetta!

Erm OP, I am firmly on the side of your DH. Sorry!

Scholes34 Tue 19-Mar-13 15:08:15

Before I even opened this thread I guessed this would be linked to giving up chocolate for Lent. I'm afraid you shouldn't have eaten it and DP is right to withold the chocolate an additional two days.

Yours, having given up biscuits for Lent and having just scoffed a large bowl of treacle pudding in the canteen at lunch to make up for lack of coffee break biscuit.

seriouscakeeater Tue 19-Mar-13 15:11:42

Vienetta isn't even real icecream! Hate it!

StuntGirl Tue 19-Mar-13 16:05:08

I too have given up chocolate and that includes vienetta, hot chocolate and the iced doughnut with a few chocolate sprinkles on. YABU, sorry!

Although where had the 2 day extra thing come from?

Pandemoniaa Tue 19-Mar-13 16:09:32

If it has chocolate on it then I'm sorry but it is chocolate. Not that I'd tolerate another adult "witholding" chocolate anyway. You are an adult, not a naughty child.

Toasttoppers Tue 19-Mar-13 16:10:07

There is chocolate on vienetta even if it is not good quality.

Are you a catholic and did you break your Lenten fast today the day of the Popes inauguration?

Just testing how naught you are.

Toasttoppers Tue 19-Mar-13 16:10:21

Naughty not naught !

Pandemoniaa Tue 19-Mar-13 16:10:27

Oh, and an extra two days is nonsense. Lent is Lent. You can't extend it just because you broke your Lenten resolutions.

helendont Tue 19-Mar-13 17:59:15

Isn't it strictly chocolate 'flavoured' rather than real actual bona fide chocolate?

BandersnatchCummerbund Tue 19-Mar-13 19:14:19

Lent is a season. You can't "extend" it, any more than you could postpone Christmas. If you want to not eat chocolate over Easter that's up to you, but it's still Easter (feasting season) and not Lent (fasting season). Giving something up isn't supposed to be punitive - that's not what it's about!

pourmeanotherglass Tue 19-Mar-13 19:23:04

did MIL serve it on a Sunday?

Lent is 40 days and 40 nights if you exclude the Sundays (and assume the last day is Easter Saturday).

Some people exclude all the lent Sundays from their fast

TiggyD Tue 19-Mar-13 19:23:39

It's still chocolate. Satan defeated you.

Snazzynewyear Tue 19-Mar-13 19:25:49

Who made your DP the Lent police? Buy your own egg.

You have broke lent - the only way to redeem yourself is to send all your easter eggs to me and i will have a word with the devil and see if i can sort it for you.

Doyouthinktheysaurus Tue 19-Mar-13 19:32:51

I used to love Viennetta. I want be now!

It's not real chocolate,or real ice cream. Still used to taste bloody lovely though, I'm sure it wouldn't taste as good nowconfused

Doyouthinktheysaurus Tue 19-Mar-13 19:33:11

One, not be

PurplePidjin Tue 19-Mar-13 19:43:46

Let's put it this way - chocolate (caffeine) gives my bf 4mo tummy ache. I wouldn't risk eating vienetta.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now