To think Bill Roache needs to hang his head in shame?

(205 Posts)
dublindee Tue 19-Mar-13 10:41:12

Just saw sky news article on my iPhone re this:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/coronation-street-actor-bill-roache-1772534

I am disgusted. I think he should be sacked and I think he should make a public apology.

ChocsAwayInMyGob Tue 19-Mar-13 10:41:43

link doesn't work

dublindee Tue 19-Mar-13 10:42:23
ChocsAwayInMyGob Tue 19-Mar-13 10:44:30

I totally agree with you OP.

I would like to see him explain this to my 8yo niece who was raped by her stepfather. Sorry, should we not judge him for raping her?

Sparklingbrook Tue 19-Mar-13 10:45:33

He is coming across as proper bonkers isn't he? I don't think an apology could sort this one out. sad

quoteunquote Tue 19-Mar-13 10:45:41

Twonk of the week

Sparklingbrook Tue 19-Mar-13 10:46:11

Mind you should we give a shiny shite what a bloody Coronation Street actor says?

ChocsAwayInMyGob Tue 19-Mar-13 10:47:14

sparkling, yes we should if such abhorrent views get such a wide audience. It's very worrying.

Twonk of the decade! Im livid. What an arse.

IcaMorgan Tue 19-Mar-13 10:48:28

if he truly believes those things then he needs to see a psychiatrist

HazeltheMcWitch Tue 19-Mar-13 10:48:56

Agree with Sparkling - he is nothing.
It seems like he's losing the plot a bit, doesn't it? Although that's a crap defence for such foul views I know.

He's just an old toad who has had some fame and keeps on blethering about how he's slept with over 1000 women. And is in thrall to a cult. No sensible people will give him or his views any head room.

Sparklingbrook Tue 19-Mar-13 10:48:58

Yes true chocs. Sorry. It's just that he is only a soap actor, but then a soap that a lot of people watch so he has a responsibility to not come out with that load of old cobblers.

mynameis Tue 19-Mar-13 10:49:12

He said: “If you accept that you are pure love, and if you know that you are pure love and therefore live that pure love, these things won’t happen to you.”

WTAF?

Keep your mouth shut in future Bill

Sparklingbrook Tue 19-Mar-13 10:49:35

He is sounding a bit David Icke-ish.

HazeltheMcWitch Tue 19-Mar-13 10:49:44

Sorry for your niece, Chocs. I hope justice has caught up with him?

TheSeniorWrangler Tue 19-Mar-13 10:49:58

vile.. but

his belief that we spend this life paying for the sins of the last one is not uncommon.

He also says paedophiles should be hunted down and dealt with.

What his real point was, that famous people who have sex with groupies should have a right to anonimity until its proven the girl was underage, and then dealt with appropriately

Yes he's an idiot, but more in not keeping his personal views to himself.. he's 80 and a kook.

Sparklingbrook Tue 19-Mar-13 10:49:59

'pure love' confused

JaquelineHyde Tue 19-Mar-13 10:50:15

He is a complete loon!

He has been in the spotlight loads recently talking all kinds of bollocks but this is just digraceful.

I think Coronation Street bosses should take some kind of action against him, it makes me feel sick.

BearFrills Tue 19-Mar-13 10:50:23

Definitely an opinion he should have kept firmly to himself. It must be a great comfort to any abuse victims reading that tripe to know that the reason they were abused wasn't because some vile abuser targeted them, it was because they were bad in their previous life ....

I was also hmm at him blaming underage girls who hang around famous blokes for being sexually active and that those blokes can't be expected to check birth certificates. Surely a bloke in his 30s/40s/50s, etc when presented with a girl of questionable age should keep it in his pants if he has any doubts, no matter how fleeting, about her being old enough?

littlemissbunny Tue 19-Mar-13 10:51:44

I never really liked him anyway, now I have good reason not to.

What a load of insensitive rubbish he is spouting.

jeee Tue 19-Mar-13 10:51:52

I don't know - he sounds frankly loopy, but then loads of people (many on mumsnet) burble on happily about karma. Which as far as I can make out is basically what he's saying.

ArseAche Tue 19-Mar-13 10:52:55

The man is, and always has been a complete nut job.

KurriKurri Tue 19-Mar-13 10:53:03

I think Bill Roache is well known within the entertainment world for being a shit of the first order.

He is an appalling creature.

What an idiot!! He needs his mental capacity checking if he thinks that.

Sparklingbrook Tue 19-Mar-13 10:54:51

If Coronation Street don't boot him out there's something wrong. Hasn't there just been a fire? Would have been ideal.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now