Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

to hate the term "booby juice" and other BF equivalents?

(86 Posts)
Madmum24 Tue 19-Mar-13 08:31:47

What's wrong with calling breast milk breast milk? There seems to be an obsession with giving it a crunchy (hate that term as well), hip alternative name. Recent ones include:

boob/y juice
mummy milk
vanilla lemonade (WTH!?)

Am I alone on this? (BTW I am very pro BF, just don't see the need to give funky names for it)

ChairmanWow Tue 19-Mar-13 09:53:38

silverten nooooooooo!

I think my DH may also be married to ChocolateCoins! grin

Crinkle77 Tue 19-Mar-13 09:54:55

God 'booby juice' is such a horrible phrase

GreenLeafTea Tue 19-Mar-13 09:58:44

I think breast is quite a hard word for toddlers to say so its simplified for them. My kids call it nipple milk for some reason so my daughter asks for 'pull'.

mrsjay Tue 19-Mar-13 10:02:42

YANBU can I add booby monster <shudder> it is milk

xigris Tue 19-Mar-13 10:03:42

YNBU. Highly cringeworthy. My friend once wrote on fb that "Boo had her first taste of baby rice mixed with MummyMilk, yummy yummy!" I threw up a little.

Madmum24 Tue 19-Mar-13 10:03:48

ok so booby juice is bad, but anything with a "titty" is gross!

Exactly! Madmum24

I don't mind "mum's milk", but "booby juice" makes me feel a bit ill.

FrustratedSycamoresRocks Tue 19-Mar-13 10:14:22

In our house it is cow milk or booby milk. But only because my DCs don't say "breast", probably because I tend to say boobs rather than breasts. they do state that they drank mummy's milk, and that mummys --be it human, or cow, or any other species) make milk, (although they are aware that some mummy's use formula).
When I talk to people about it I simply "feed the baby"

My sister used to offer her DS "titty" which was IMO cringe worthy and too close to "bitty" <shudder>

Szeli Tue 19-Mar-13 10:15:40

Gahh it's a little grim but my OH calls raspberry leaf tea 'womb juice' so I'm going to have to watch him when the breast feeding starts! xx

Katienana Tue 19-Mar-13 10:16:30

I say mummy milk.to explain to my 18 month old nephew why ds can't have the water/apple/biscuit he is trying to share. harmless euphemism.

ArseAche Tue 19-Mar-13 10:16:53

YANBU - It is nothing other than breast milk.

And as for 'booby jiuce' jeez who the hell says that? In fact I have never in real life heard is being called anything other than 'breast milk'.

ICBINEG Tue 19-Mar-13 10:23:49

definitely just 'milk' in this household. I don't mind what toddlers call it, but adults using baby words is always ick regardless of context.

So yeah...breast milk or milk.

ArseAche Tue 19-Mar-13 10:27:49

And don't get me started on 'baby dancing' and 'baby dust' or whatever other shit they call it on here.

Maggie111 Tue 19-Mar-13 10:30:45

YANBU... Gah Booby juice is just awful!!!

I hope to breastfeed, and I think I'll stop before it needs a "name".

Exhaustipated Tue 19-Mar-13 10:32:29

Meh, doesn't bother me tbh. Although in this house it's milk, or milky at a push.

Madmum24 Tue 19-Mar-13 10:32:32

arseache consider yourself lucky if you haven't heard it used in real life!

let's add booby monster to the list while we're at it; Pixie is such a booby monster! boke

how have I not heard of baby dancing or dust? please explain :-)

Madmum24 Tue 19-Mar-13 10:34:54
Szeli Tue 19-Mar-13 10:35:42

^^ seconded what is baby dust/dancing? x

ArseAche Tue 19-Mar-13 10:37:05

I can't bear to look at your link Madmum - I am eating brekkie!

Baby dust and baby dancing was something I read on here a few times - something about trying to conceive I believe, but I nearly yakked when I saw it.

Yanbu. Those names are hideous. I bf mine well into them being able to talk, so we did have alternative names, mainly so they could refer to it without people giving me lectures on why I shouldn't be still bf hmm. Both of them gave it their baby pronunciation of 'milk', so to outsiders it was just a nonsense word. A friend of mine used 'leche' for the same reason.

mrsjay Tue 19-Mar-13 10:41:35

let's add booby monster to the list while we're at it; Pixie is such a booby monster! boke

This is what is at the TOP of my list. I think saying what you want at home with your babies toddlers is fine but dont advertise that they are a booby monster who loves booby juice
<passes round sick bags>

mrsjay Tue 19-Mar-13 10:42:45

baby dust is something other people wish on you when you are TTC. so is baby dancing just shagging then ?

ArseAche Tue 19-Mar-13 10:44:15

yes, sorry the dancing is the shagging for a baby.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now