to hate the term "booby juice" and other BF equivalents?

(86 Posts)
Madmum24 Tue 19-Mar-13 08:31:47

What's wrong with calling breast milk breast milk? There seems to be an obsession with giving it a crunchy (hate that term as well), hip alternative name. Recent ones include:

boob/y juice
mummy milk
vanilla lemonade (WTH!?)

Am I alone on this? (BTW I am very pro BF, just don't see the need to give funky names for it)

ChairmanWow Tue 19-Mar-13 09:53:38

silverten nooooooooo!

I think my DH may also be married to ChocolateCoins! grin

Crinkle77 Tue 19-Mar-13 09:54:55

God 'booby juice' is such a horrible phrase

GreenLeafTea Tue 19-Mar-13 09:58:44

I think breast is quite a hard word for toddlers to say so its simplified for them. My kids call it nipple milk for some reason so my daughter asks for 'pull'.

mrsjay Tue 19-Mar-13 10:02:42

YANBU can I add booby monster <shudder> it is milk

xigris Tue 19-Mar-13 10:03:42

YNBU. Highly cringeworthy. My friend once wrote on fb that "Boo had her first taste of baby rice mixed with MummyMilk, yummy yummy!" I threw up a little.

Madmum24 Tue 19-Mar-13 10:03:48

ok so booby juice is bad, but anything with a "titty" is gross!

Exactly! Madmum24

I don't mind "mum's milk", but "booby juice" makes me feel a bit ill.

FrustratedSycamoresRocks Tue 19-Mar-13 10:14:22

In our house it is cow milk or booby milk. But only because my DCs don't say "breast", probably because I tend to say boobs rather than breasts. they do state that they drank mummy's milk, and that mummys --be it human, or cow, or any other species) make milk, (although they are aware that some mummy's use formula).
When I talk to people about it I simply "feed the baby"

My sister used to offer her DS "titty" which was IMO cringe worthy and too close to "bitty" <shudder>

Szeli Tue 19-Mar-13 10:15:40

Gahh it's a little grim but my OH calls raspberry leaf tea 'womb juice' so I'm going to have to watch him when the breast feeding starts! xx

Katienana Tue 19-Mar-13 10:16:30

I say mummy milk.to explain to my 18 month old nephew why ds can't have the water/apple/biscuit he is trying to share. harmless euphemism.

ArseAche Tue 19-Mar-13 10:16:53

YANBU - It is nothing other than breast milk.

And as for 'booby jiuce' jeez who the hell says that? In fact I have never in real life heard is being called anything other than 'breast milk'.

ICBINEG Tue 19-Mar-13 10:23:49

definitely just 'milk' in this household. I don't mind what toddlers call it, but adults using baby words is always ick regardless of context.

So yeah...breast milk or milk.

ArseAche Tue 19-Mar-13 10:27:49

And don't get me started on 'baby dancing' and 'baby dust' or whatever other shit they call it on here.

Maggie111 Tue 19-Mar-13 10:30:45

YANBU... Gah Booby juice is just awful!!!

I hope to breastfeed, and I think I'll stop before it needs a "name".

Exhaustipated Tue 19-Mar-13 10:32:29

Meh, doesn't bother me tbh. Although in this house it's milk, or milky at a push.

Madmum24 Tue 19-Mar-13 10:32:32

arseache consider yourself lucky if you haven't heard it used in real life!

let's add booby monster to the list while we're at it; Pixie is such a booby monster! boke

how have I not heard of baby dancing or dust? please explain :-)

Madmum24 Tue 19-Mar-13 10:34:54
Szeli Tue 19-Mar-13 10:35:42

^^ seconded what is baby dust/dancing? x

ArseAche Tue 19-Mar-13 10:37:05

I can't bear to look at your link Madmum - I am eating brekkie!

Baby dust and baby dancing was something I read on here a few times - something about trying to conceive I believe, but I nearly yakked when I saw it.

Yanbu. Those names are hideous. I bf mine well into them being able to talk, so we did have alternative names, mainly so they could refer to it without people giving me lectures on why I shouldn't be still bf hmm. Both of them gave it their baby pronunciation of 'milk', so to outsiders it was just a nonsense word. A friend of mine used 'leche' for the same reason.

mrsjay Tue 19-Mar-13 10:41:35

let's add booby monster to the list while we're at it; Pixie is such a booby monster! boke

This is what is at the TOP of my list. I think saying what you want at home with your babies toddlers is fine but dont advertise that they are a booby monster who loves booby juice
<passes round sick bags>

mrsjay Tue 19-Mar-13 10:42:45

baby dust is something other people wish on you when you are TTC. so is baby dancing just shagging then ?

ArseAche Tue 19-Mar-13 10:44:15

yes, sorry the dancing is the shagging for a baby.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now