Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

To think that dh should let me sleep?

(29 Posts)
washngo Sun 17-Mar-13 23:16:28

I am 39 weeks pregnant. I have spd, nausea, heartburn, painful braxton hicks and am exhausted from looking after my 2 and 4 year old. I could (theoretically, although i will probably be overdue) go into labour and need my energy reserves any time. With all this in mind could my husband not refrain from prodding me awake, and telling me to turn over and snore in the other direction? I am now wide awake, and cannot sleep. Surely at this time my sleep is more important? Is that terribly selfish? I feel like this is just demonstrating a total lack of care or thought but maybe I am over thinking...

CalamityJ Mon 18-Mar-13 04:48:29

My DH moaned about my snoring but wouldn't have dared wake a sleeping pregnant lady!! Get him some earplugs and if they can't block it out then he goes on the sofa. I think you can 'bank' sleep in the sense that you could go into labour at any time so the previous night's sleep needs to have been a good one.

washngo Mon 18-Mar-13 07:02:26

Well, I finally fell asleep at half 12 and am now up for the day with two toddlers. Dh is still fast asleep of course, he can get to work on time if he gets up at 8, so very rarely gets up before then. All feels very unfair! I am going to buy him earplugs this morning!

washngo Mon 18-Mar-13 09:29:28

Even more annoyed now because he has only just got up. I have been up 2 1/2 hours and taken ds to preschool. He could have got up and done that for me! Feeling totally let down.

Jux Mon 18-Mar-13 09:50:13

He's being incredibly selfish. Sounds like you need to have a firm talk.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now