...to wonder if this is the new sticks-in-vases/pebbly shit craze?

(104 Posts)
RainbowRabbit33 Sun 17-Mar-13 19:42:11

I needed to do some deliveries this afternoon, and as the weather was quite nice, I decided to walk rather than take the car. As a result, I was able to take in my surroundings a little more carefully than usual.

Over the course of my approx. three mile walk, I swear I must have seen tens and tens of houses with hearts hanging up in windows, on doors and on gates. All made out of painted punched metal or wicker. They all seemed to be huge, maybe 30cm in diameter. Some of them were quite nice I suppose, but I couldn't help but wonder when I missed that particular memo.

Has anyone else noticed this phenomenon, or is it just my very middle class suburb of a fairly dull town?

Sunshinewithshowers Sun 17-Mar-13 19:43:19

YABU

my house is full of them

NewAtThisMalarky Sun 17-Mar-13 19:48:04

It's what swingers use instead of pampas grass nowadays. You obviously live in a very friendly area.

Of course, it's possible that not everything I typed is true.

Bluestocking Sun 17-Mar-13 19:48:09

Not new, have been around for a while, but definitely have a lot in common with twigs 'n' pebbly shit.

BumpingFuglies Sun 17-Mar-13 19:53:07

And you care because...?

InNeedOfBrandy Sun 17-Mar-13 19:54:44

I have a lovely wicker heart on my wall grin

BumpingFuglies Sun 17-Mar-13 19:57:00

Got The Wicker Man on mine, Brandy grin

cocolepew Sun 17-Mar-13 19:59:20

I collect hearts. I'm not a swinger but can't vouch for DH.
All mine are indoors though.

RainbowsFriend Sun 17-Mar-13 19:59:26

My NDN has a wicker chicken hanging up outside her door.

It looks evil

Wickedwaterwitch Sun 17-Mar-13 19:59:56

YANBU and they are EVERYWHERE (but not in my house)

NaturalBlondeYeahRight Sun 17-Mar-13 20:00:08

None here, weirdos,

quickly removes wicker heart from above fireplace

Yep they're everywhere. I have a friend who has taken to making gingham heart cushiony hangy things and trying to sell them to us on FB.

InNeedOfBrandy Sun 17-Mar-13 20:03:29

Mines from NEXT to HA

recall Sun 17-Mar-13 20:03:43

grin

Lovelygoldboots Sun 17-Mar-13 20:04:34

Counts twelve heart shaped nick nacks in living room. Wondered why I have had funny looks at school gate grin

MissAnnersley Sun 17-Mar-13 20:04:43

Oh dear, I have a few.

IroningBoredDaily Sun 17-Mar-13 20:07:22

I don't have any wicker hearts, but I do have a wicker star that comes out at Christmas and hangs in the window.

piratecat Sun 17-Mar-13 20:09:33

i have 12 heart shaped pebbles. I win.

(collected by my own hand from the beach over past few yrs not bought as a set from the Range)

IAmSheWhoMustBeObeyed Sun 17-Mar-13 20:10:16

Oh yes it's rife round here.
When we viewed our current house it had at least one and sometimes several large wicker rings/wreaths on the wall in each room. Not hearts though so presumably in the dark ages of sticks and pebbly shite

dingit Sun 17-Mar-13 20:11:04

Holy shit. My next door neighbours are swingers. - runs to hide wicker heart in dining room.

BarredfromhavingStella Sun 17-Mar-13 20:13:40

Yabu, I have 2 such items hung in my bedroom window DH would agree with you however

MooMooSkit Sun 17-Mar-13 20:14:03

They are always listed as "shabby chic wicker hearts" or something on ebay. The whole shabby chic thing seems to be big.

scratchandsniff Sun 17-Mar-13 20:20:11

Oh dear I'm guilty of this. People keep buying me them as presents. One friend got me a heart shaped memo blackboard thingy for the kitchen and a wooden heart hangy thing for my bday, feel like I can't not hang them up, but am concerned It's beginning to get a bit twee. Do star shaped wicker things count? Got one of those in the bedroom window.

sue52 Sun 17-Mar-13 20:28:18

Oh dear. I've got a heart shaped blackboard thingy in my kitchen. I write messages to my cleaner on it. I do hope she doesn't think DH and I are swingers. We live in a small village and rumors do spread.

Startail Sun 17-Mar-13 20:29:44

Have wicker star on top of my tree at Christmas, a proper pagan pentagram style one.

No wicker hearts, DD has some heart wall stickers. Butterflies are my thing and they appear in my bedroom.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now