Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

to wish I looked like a Disney Princess?

(85 Posts)
ArielRedHead Sat 16-Mar-13 23:20:28

http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/31300000/What-if-Disney-Princesses-were-real-disney-princess-31316406-414-650.png

Especially Belle. Beautiful.

I know most people are Disney haters on here, but still smile

sneezingwakesthebaby Mon 18-Mar-13 00:04:24

Promise ill shut up now but I found his site and he does use real people as the basis so now we can definitely play spot the celebrity hahaha!

sneezingwakesthebaby Mon 18-Mar-13 00:00:50

Bigger ones here

www.divinecaroline.com/entertainment/real-life-disney-princess-portraits/page/10/0

I think on some of them the whole face is sampled (like Dakota on rapunzel) but on others just parts of celebrities. They are soooo good though.

sneezingwakesthebaby Sun 17-Mar-13 23:49:27

I thought the bottom right one was Dakota fanning. Its bugging me now I want to know who they all are!

whimsicalmess Sun 17-Mar-13 20:01:39

I totally agree Crawling they were great with my DSIS about 10 years ago.

Crawling Sun 17-Mar-13 18:59:19

Well I love disney it has a excellent policy for special needs and is one of the few places I feel comfortable taking my severly autistic dd.

YouTheCat Sun 17-Mar-13 18:47:38

*wanders off to find an old sheet and some red underpants grin

BatmanLovesVodkaAndCherryade Sun 17-Mar-13 18:42:26

The top middle one is Taylor Swift, I think.

Tiddly: That is so clever!

When you see the bigger versions of those pictures (which I'd link but I can't find them), you can tell that apart from Pocahontus, they're all based on actresses. Damned if I know which ones, but I recognise most of them!

Tubegirl Sun 17-Mar-13 17:46:57

Pure and YouTheCat, Good job superman doesn't wear a mask or you might be mistaken for FFJ!

YouTheCat grin Gosh can you imagine us two "old" numpties running around in our superman costumes in the park, we would be arrested! shock

lovetomoan Sun 17-Mar-13 14:14:26

I also wanted to be Xena but I was born in the 'wrong' ethnicity grin

I've been told I look more like Pocahontas, the one from the Night in the Museum movie.

whimsicalmess Sun 17-Mar-13 13:47:20

Kim Kardashian is like the personification of Jasmines,

I would give organs to look like her never mind limbs.

FWY, apparently in places like Disneyworld they have quite high standards as top who is a princess etc must have straight nose, big lips etc.

stargirl1701 Sun 17-Mar-13 13:45:07

Love that Tubegirl grin

Body Combat was as far as I got smile

AmberSocks Sun 17-Mar-13 13:37:51

I wanted to be she ra too!

Tubegirl Sun 17-Mar-13 13:33:59

I'm with Stargirl. <blushes - just remembered that I actually took up kickboxing to try to be like buffy- I'm rubbish at it - the british politeness reflex kicked in and I kept saying sorry every time I attempted to hit my sparring partner>

Flobbadobs Sun 17-Mar-13 12:27:25

I want Merida's hair but I grew up wanting to be a superhero like the ones in Marvel comics grin

sneezingwakesthebaby Sun 17-Mar-13 12:08:09

And get slammed by Disneys lawyers agnes grin

mrsjay Sun 17-Mar-13 11:33:00

could you waft round the supermarket in that dress though or would the woodland creatures hold it up grin

YouTheCat Sun 17-Mar-13 11:29:00

Fantastic! I have found someone to play Superman in the playground with, PureQuintessence. And it's only taken 43 a few years. grin

I wanted to be Indiana Jones, not a princess!

FeckOffCup Sun 17-Mar-13 11:16:54

YANBU, I wish the disney princess brand had been around when I was a little girl I would have loved all the dressing up and pink glitter. I have a 2 year old DD now and she is starting to get into princesses and the like, we have a birthday party later and she is insisting she is wearing her tinkerbell costume even though its not actually fancy dress.

MoleyMick Sun 17-Mar-13 10:00:54

I used to watch Garfield and Raggy Dolls and wanted to be like Matilda from the book.
Never had time for Disney princesses and I hope my daughter isn't a fan - although as a poster mentioned, I would rather them than Barbie.

TomDudgeon Sun 17-Mar-13 09:29:31

They're all just paintings of real
people
And Pocahontas converted to Christianity and chose to stay in England

I also always wanted to be superman!

Wearing a cape, and my underpants on top of my trousers, how cool is that?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now