to wish I looked like a Disney Princess?

(85 Posts)
ArielRedHead Sat 16-Mar-13 23:20:28

Especially Belle. Beautiful.

I know most people are Disney haters on here, but still smile

It is the first piece of text in the article.

She makes £100k a year from her blog, mainly through advertising and product endorsements, she is 18, and looks like a doll. She is a natural blonde.

Dont know why she annoys me so much. hmm Maybe because she looks like a cross between a disney princess and a barbie doll. And makes a fortune for rambling on about her life.

YouTheCat Sun 17-Mar-13 00:16:35

I never believe everything I read.

Good for you!

YouTheCat Sun 17-Mar-13 00:19:14

BUT, op wanted to look like a disney princess. I am showing her that what looks good like an animation or a cartoon, wont look as good real life!

YouTheCat Sun 17-Mar-13 00:20:30

Can any of them do anything useful? You know, other than looking aesthetically pleasing.

Probably not! And they wont be good at carrying shopping bags! And possibly not mopping poo and goo and puke and spilt porridge! grin

ArielRedHead Sun 17-Mar-13 00:22:02

Don't worry PureQuintessence I'm not printing out the photos ready to show a plastic surgeon in the morning.

I came across the drawing which in my opinion are good and thought that they looked beautiful and looked more real than in the films.

It was a passing comment.

ArielRedHead Sun 17-Mar-13 00:22:55

Mulan saved China. So I guess that's something.

YouTheCat Sun 17-Mar-13 00:23:24

I suppose Cinderella could do the dishes. A fairy godmother might come in useful too - for the lottery numbers and such like.

Nah, still want to be Superman - the Christopher Reeve one. grin

AgentZigzag Sun 17-Mar-13 00:26:52

Hahahaha at making a passing comment in AIBU grin

Good one OP grin

ArielRedHead Sun 17-Mar-13 00:28:01

You're right Agent no such thing exists grin - silly me.

YouTheCat Sun 17-Mar-13 00:29:28

Aw but this is a giggle though. OP, I hope you don't think I'm taking the piss or anything.

I have always wanted to be Superman though. grin

sneezingwakesthebaby Sun 17-Mar-13 00:33:58

I always wanted to be Ariel (the mermaid not the wash powder). I still do :')

ArielRedHead Sun 17-Mar-13 00:35:26

See I don't get the Superman thing ... if you'd said Batman then I'd have understood. Or even Spiderman.

All Superman does is fly around showing off his underwear.

ArielRedHead Sun 17-Mar-13 00:43:11

I do think there is a good side to Disney princesses though.

Mulan risked her life to save her father. She could have died in the war or if she'd been found out to be a woman she would have been killed than too.

Belle gave up her freedom so her father could be set free. She fell in love with a beast (not a handsome prince), she was very much into books and wanted more than just being a wife - when she turned down Gaston's proposal.

Jasmine refused to get married because she didn't love the men her father tried to get her to marry, she only accepted when she knew she loved the man.

Pocahontas was willing to sacrafice her life to save John Smith, and she was the one who stopped both sides fighting.

- I know most people can turn all those points I said into a negative but ... sometimes you can just take the good in things and realise that it's just escapism.

Signet2012 Sun 17-Mar-13 00:44:49

Is shrek a Disney film?

If so I do look like a Disney princess envy

AgentZigzag Sun 17-Mar-13 00:51:12

I was surprised to see the film John Carter is a Disney, it was quite good.

YouTheCat Sun 17-Mar-13 00:54:20

Pshaw! Superman has super strength, x-ray vision, super hearing and he can fly. And he looks damn fine in tights. grin

YouTheCat Sun 17-Mar-13 00:56:05

Actually, Pirates of the Caribbean is Disney.

I could pass for Keith Richards, in a bad light.

Mimishimi Sun 17-Mar-13 04:45:11

YANBU. I recognise a bit of myself in one Disney Princess .... Princess Fiona..blush

Astelia Sun 17-Mar-13 05:10:57

Did anyone see the recent Big Bang Theory episode where Penny, Amy and Bernadette go to Disney for the day and each get a makeover to look like a princess?

YesIamYourSisterInLaw Sun 17-Mar-13 07:09:17

A few of them look famous to me puddings
I think jasmine looks like that main one from the pussy cat dolls ( dont know her name sorry )
I also recognise Milan, tangled and Snow White but it's bugging me that I can't think who they are.

YesIamYourSisterInLaw Sun 17-Mar-13 07:09:28

MrsWolowitz Sun 17-Mar-13 07:48:31

I love Disney.

Not the older ones where princesses are vulnerable and in need if saving and rescuing but the more recent ones are good.

All of what Ariel said in her post above and Rapunzel saved the guy in the end.

Also there's a new disney series called Sophia the first. It looks really glittery and girly and blah bit the last episode was all about the princess being told she couldn't ride the Pegasus things because that's a prince thing and not for princesses. Anyway, she changed everyone's mind and fought for her right to ride them.

It's take disney over Barbie crap any day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now