To expect people to take there shoes off? Sorry rant ahead!

(327 Posts)
Damash12 Sat 16-Mar-13 22:07:46

We've recently had a new carpet and it's not f@@;ing rocket science to see we have added a shoe rack near the back door but why do people look at you with a put out expression when they ask the question "do I need to take my shoes off?" and you reply "yes". And what's worse is those that know but still choose to walk in and just not bother or the best one, those that keep their shoes on and bloody tip toe around the place, like that makes it ok. I've actually had 1 visitor roll there eyes when I've asked them to come round the back, it's about 5 yards FFS!! Rant over!

TartanRug Mon 19-Aug-13 07:30:09

Well I used to firmly be in the shoes off camp until I had a Jamie Oliver party (dead posh me) all of the guests removed their shoes (unasked, I preferred it but never insisted). Half way through the night one of the guests yelped in pain as she had inadvertently caught the dressing on her septic toe and it had come off, the offending toe was pulsating away on my carpet and left a delightful trail of blood and pus on it. Yes dear reader, blood and pus. On my carpet. It was fucking horrific as the people sitting next to this poor woman visibly winced away from her and she was beyond mortified. From that moment on I would welcome anyone wearing muddy wellies over that toe.

Incidentally,the woman and her toe are still welcome in my house.

exoticfruits Mon 19-Aug-13 08:39:11

Exactly tartanrug- no one has yet said why they prefer my bare feet to my sandals- I do not intend wearing socks or tights until at least the end of September.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now