to think that 90's fashion should stay in the 90's?

(138 Posts)
BubblegumPie Sat 16-Mar-13 18:36:49

I'm looking at you Rhianna <glares menacingly>

KellyElly Mon 18-Mar-13 10:51:46

Until I see her wearing a long-sleeved t-shirt with either Nirvana or The Levellers on the 90's isn't really back grin

LentilAsAnything Mon 18-Mar-13 10:38:55
Latara Mon 18-Mar-13 09:54:12

I keep noticing the 90s glasses frames.

My once fashionable & expensive glasses are now not fashionable. (I only bought them last June ffs!).

But i will keep wearing them cos hopefully the 90s will go out of fashion soon.. and i can't afford new 90s style glasses.

Trills Mon 18-Mar-13 08:34:13

Vice versas went away, then they came back made with much less nice chocolate. If someone made some with bournville and milky bar they'd be lovely.

I loved my cheap fake silk shirts, had them in every colour of the rainbow.

anonymosity Sun 17-Mar-13 23:14:06

Oh dear god, my memory has finally been jogged to early 90s. I did have a body, a red velvet one which I wore under a crochet waistcoat on top of cut off jean shorts and purple tights. Yuk. I am so ashamed! I had blocked that part out and only was remembering mid-late 90s. Entirely different.

Sidge Sun 17-Mar-13 21:45:36

I wore bodies in the 90s, usually with high waisted jeans and my DM shoes. Also lots of silk shirts untucked with a waistcoat that looked like it had been made out of my Granny's curtains.

And leggings or shorts over thick black opaque tights.

cecy oh god, I hated those, they made your feet all sweaty and sticky!

I used to love Just Seventeen in the 90's, nevermind that I was nowhere near 17!

Ilovexmastime Sun 17-Mar-13 21:31:43

I miss the 90s too, they were the last time I knew anything about music!

Does anyone remember Vice Versas?

I found some in Sainsbury the other day and they're HORRIBLE now....I was gutted sad

IntheFrame Sun 17-Mar-13 20:47:26

I still have my Just Seventeen sweatshirt (with batwing sleeves).

I wear it to Uni!! I am so sad. No one understands except the other mature students and the lecturers (who try not to laugh).

I was a staunch Just Seventeen reader, loved Blur and floated around in long hippy skirts, crochet cardigans and my dm's. I miss the 90's!

I had a mood ring...and I read Bliss. I also remember Fast Forward, Smash Hits etc. By the time it got to '97 though I was a hardcore metaller and only bought Kerrang and Metal Hammer grin

I vividly remember trying to do the "light as a feather, stiff as a board" thing.

CecyHall Sun 17-Mar-13 20:24:47

these are in Topshop right now. I couldn't believe my eyes.

MooMooSkit Sun 17-Mar-13 20:19:45

I was born 1987 and still remember a lot of 90's fashion, the photos of my Mum with me as kid show the grunge was in but I thought it looked ok tbh and my Mum always says it was flattering as she was still carrying her "baby weight" till 1996 according to her (he last child was 1989). grin

My mine memories from 1996 were cycling shorts and them hideous popper tracksuit bottoms. Sporty spice was my idol.

puff paint ones where you use a hairdryer to puff it up?

They were great.

NorbertDentressangle Sun 17-Mar-13 20:16:26

oh yes the cycling shorts!

I had some black ones with lace edges that I wore (sometimes with thick black tights underneath) and DMs.

Talking about fabric pens, remember those puff paint ones? In neon colours of course..

Ilovexmastime Sun 17-Mar-13 20:12:16

Oh yeh, I remember drawing a big flower on my jeans with some sort of special plasticy clothes pen. A la De La Soul's 3 Feet High and Rising album!

TrampyPants Sun 17-Mar-13 20:11:34

mood rings were ace!

TrampyPants Sun 17-Mar-13 20:11:19

oooh, ABF, my friend used to make those. I had a bowler hat.

Ilovexmastime Sun 17-Mar-13 20:10:18

I had a mood ring grin and my favourite outfit was my black velvet mini dress with a baggy black t shirt over the top, with green and black tights and DMs.

The floppy velvet hats with a flower on the front.

TrampyPants Sun 17-Mar-13 20:03:26

has anyone mentioned mood rings?

ah, I wore a velvet mini skirt with purple tights that had musical notes on the, my dm's, a bodysuit and waistcoat, or long button through dresses with waistcoat and dm's. when I went out I wore a crocheted dress with vest and shorts underneath and platform boots. Make up was rimmel and I wanted to be winona ryder.

Floral bias cut dresses worn with docs

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now