to think that 90's fashion should stay in the 90's?

(138 Posts)
BubblegumPie Sat 16-Mar-13 18:36:49

I'm looking at you Rhianna <glares menacingly>

I had a mood ring...and I read Bliss. I also remember Fast Forward, Smash Hits etc. By the time it got to '97 though I was a hardcore metaller and only bought Kerrang and Metal Hammer grin

I vividly remember trying to do the "light as a feather, stiff as a board" thing.

I was a staunch Just Seventeen reader, loved Blur and floated around in long hippy skirts, crochet cardigans and my dm's. I miss the 90's!

IntheFrame Sun 17-Mar-13 20:47:26

I still have my Just Seventeen sweatshirt (with batwing sleeves).

I wear it to Uni!! I am so sad. No one understands except the other mature students and the lecturers (who try not to laugh).

Does anyone remember Vice Versas?

I found some in Sainsbury the other day and they're HORRIBLE now....I was gutted sad

Ilovexmastime Sun 17-Mar-13 21:31:43

I miss the 90s too, they were the last time I knew anything about music!

cecy oh god, I hated those, they made your feet all sweaty and sticky!

I used to love Just Seventeen in the 90's, nevermind that I was nowhere near 17!

Sidge Sun 17-Mar-13 21:45:36

I wore bodies in the 90s, usually with high waisted jeans and my DM shoes. Also lots of silk shirts untucked with a waistcoat that looked like it had been made out of my Granny's curtains.

And leggings or shorts over thick black opaque tights.

anonymosity Sun 17-Mar-13 23:14:06

Oh dear god, my memory has finally been jogged to early 90s. I did have a body, a red velvet one which I wore under a crochet waistcoat on top of cut off jean shorts and purple tights. Yuk. I am so ashamed! I had blocked that part out and only was remembering mid-late 90s. Entirely different.

I loved my cheap fake silk shirts, had them in every colour of the rainbow.

Trills Mon 18-Mar-13 08:34:13

Vice versas went away, then they came back made with much less nice chocolate. If someone made some with bournville and milky bar they'd be lovely.

Latara Mon 18-Mar-13 09:54:12

I keep noticing the 90s glasses frames.

My once fashionable & expensive glasses are now not fashionable. (I only bought them last June ffs!).

But i will keep wearing them cos hopefully the 90s will go out of fashion soon.. and i can't afford new 90s style glasses.

LentilAsAnything Mon 18-Mar-13 10:38:55
KellyElly Mon 18-Mar-13 10:51:46

Until I see her wearing a long-sleeved t-shirt with either Nirvana or The Levellers on the 90's isn't really back grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now