AIBU to wake up my friend and ask her to go home?

(29 Posts)
Phosphene Fri 15-Mar-13 23:41:32

We had a few G&T's and my friend fell asleep next to me on my bed. I am just wondering whether to send her home or let her stay at mine tonight. She lives a 10 minutes walk away. I am actually enjoying the odd night on my own in my bed.

FlatsInDagenham Fri 15-Mar-13 23:42:13

Get her up and gone!

StuffezLaBouche Fri 15-Mar-13 23:43:46

Haha! No, wake her up and walk her home or call a cab.
Chances are she will want the luxury of waking p in her own bed too, rather than the guilty wake up in someone else's house!

PearlyWhites Fri 15-Mar-13 23:43:50

I think it's a bit mean and unsafe for her to walk home alone tbh

TheSecondComing Fri 15-Mar-13 23:45:11

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

KC225 Fri 15-Mar-13 23:55:41

Roll her onto the floor and throw a blanket over her, she's safe and you get the bed to yourself

UserError Sat 16-Mar-13 00:00:32

Taxi, don't make her walk home alone. Friends don't let friend walk drunk.

coatonarack Sat 16-Mar-13 00:04:00

Do it now otherwise it will be 3am

ClippedPhoenix Sat 16-Mar-13 00:04:10

Does she have kids a home?

What are you both doing in the bedroom anyway?

Phosphene Sat 16-Mar-13 00:18:55

ClippedPhoenix
She doesn't have children. We have three TV's in the house - one in the gym, one in the kitchen and one in my other bedroom/study. We always sit/lay on it and watch TV on a Friday night.

Inertia Sat 16-Mar-13 00:20:58

Is there someone waiting up for her at her own house ?

As long as there isn't anyone worrying about her getting back i would just leave her sleeping. Don't send a drunk woman out to walk home alone.

anonymosity Sat 16-Mar-13 00:24:12

Let her sleep where she is, it would be mean to wake her. Worse to send her off into the night. shock

As you live in a five bed house with just your fiancé couldn't you sleep in one of the other bedrooms or put her in one? It would be a dilemma if you were in a one bed, but you have four other bedrooms so surely this is easily solved?

coola are you psychic or do you know OP?

lysteddy Sat 16-Mar-13 00:43:15

I think OP mentioned it on another thread

StuffezLaBouche Sat 16-Mar-13 00:43:38

Or are you the mate, woken up and having a quick MN wander on you phone before being turfed out? :-)

What's done is done. She makes the bacon sandwiches/gets the croissants first thing tomorrow though. It's just one night and you can tease her about it in years to come.

LittleEdie Sat 16-Mar-13 01:35:46

I'd wake her up if I didn't want her to stay.

AThingInYourLife Sat 16-Mar-13 01:40:13

I'd want to be woken so I could get home.

Catchingmockingbirds Sat 16-Mar-13 01:53:08

Wake her up and ask her of she wants to head home or just stay the night.

Do you not have a tv in your livingroom?

ScumbagCollegeDropout Sat 16-Mar-13 02:33:43

Do you not have a sofa you can turf her onto?

cupcake78 Sat 16-Mar-13 02:56:09

I'd rather know my friend was safe and warm than wandering about/in taxis alone drunk.

Make her comfortable get her a glass of water and some pain killers ready for the morning and be pleased shes safe and ok.

Then get some sleep yourself.

whiteflame Sat 16-Mar-13 06:30:02

Don't really see what there is to tease her about, whoever mentioned that... you know your friend best, if you're good friends then what does it matter if she sleeps on half your bed?

TheCatIsUpTheDuff Sat 16-Mar-13 09:39:01

Leave her to sleep. If she's got a DP, let him know where she is and that she's ok and asleep. If you want space, go in the spare room. As someone upthead said, she can sort breakfast in the morning.

Sorry you've lost your night on your own. x

everlong Sat 16-Mar-13 10:04:04

You should have just gone in the spare room confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now