Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

THis pain's all in my head isn't it?

(17 Posts)

Well, OK, my finger is (apparently) riddled with osteoarthritis, but it can't be popping out all over the rest of me quite so fast. It's obviously some mental block to stop me continuing with the Great and Terrible House Clean - how can I shift it?

AgentZigzag Fri 15-Mar-13 21:58:23

A couple of painkillers?

A couple of large stiff drinks?

Skewer your other hand to the breadboard with a knife so you won't feel the pain in your finger?

However, Great and Terrible House Cleans shouldn't start until you're totally ready for them, you'll just be ineffective else.

Everyone knows that.

SmiteYouWithThunderbolts Fri 15-Mar-13 21:59:37

My arthritis is always much worse when I have tonnes of housework to do. It knows! grin

I will never be ready for housework, but I am in trouble for untidiness and therefore have to progress through the pain... (allowing self 5 min MN breaks every hour or so)...

OhDearieDearieMe Fri 15-Mar-13 22:12:06

I'm always in trouble for untidiness. I don't care though. There's an ailment for every occasion - can you come up with something else?

AgentZigzag Fri 15-Mar-13 22:12:43

Oooh, who are you in trouble with?

Look at the hoo haa Beckham made about his toe, you can't be pushing yourself with these things.

Landlord, unfortunately. Family members would be told to sod off, naturally. However, paracetamol is a useful substance. I always seem to forget that, when there's pain one can take a painkiller.

AgentZigzag Fri 15-Mar-13 23:40:10

I'm not sure I'd be too happy with a landlord telling me off about the general state of my house.

Not unless you were a student and the landlord happened to be your mum grin

Either you must live in a shit hole, or the landlord's overstepping the mark.

AgentZigzag Fri 15-Mar-13 23:41:12

Although there may be levels inbetween shit hole/overstepping the mark grin

All pain is in your head surely ? It's why painkillers work.
Does vodka help? I have raspberry vodka

ClippedPhoenix Fri 15-Mar-13 23:51:11

Why is landlord telling you? How bloody dirty is it?

AgentZigzag Fri 15-Mar-13 23:52:29

Vodka and painkillers.

A happy combo.

sjupes Fri 15-Mar-13 23:53:13

[Grin] clipped you took the words from my mouth there!

sjupes Fri 15-Mar-13 23:53:58

Blimmin auto capitalisation. grin obvs wink

ClippedPhoenix Fri 15-Mar-13 23:54:54

grin

Dirty cow.

Well, having cleaned till my fingers literally bled (OK, one crack on my thumb started bleeding a bit) I passed the house inspection and can now relax.

Good news solid smile

Paracetamol, stiff drink and a nice smug feeling will all go a long way

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now