Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

Early morning customer getting earlier

(53 Posts)
Snugglepiggy Fri 15-Mar-13 21:16:16

We run a dog boarding/dog day care service from our home.registered and very professional and have very generous opening hours compared to many local kennels.All part of a more personalised service.
However one customer,who has also become a friend over the years has taken to arriving before 7am and sitting outside the house waiting sometimes 10 minutes earlier.She is very keen to get to work early and when the weather was bad I cut her some slack,but its increasingly annoying me as I feel it's rude.I am often still in the bathroom,on the loo or doing my ablutions and it makes me feel grumpy and pressured to open for business.A handful of other customers who don't seem take seriously drop off and collect times because we work from home and we 'will be in anyway' have taken advantage over the years,but I have been so tired lately that this recent early morning thing is getting me down.

Humpty You could tell people they can't come in early for reasons like insurance, etc. People seem very used to believing anything about insurance related to events. wink

Isabeller Tue 19-Mar-13 09:50:25

Sounds like you are sorting out the boundaries and communication strategy well. Just offering one extra thought for your own comfort.

Is there anything you can do about your bathroom window to create a barrier which makes you feel more private from your front garden? Tall plants inside or outside in hanging containers or window boxes? Shutters even!? Obviously it depends if bathroom is on ground floor, size of garden etc. I hate the idea of someone wandering about outside my bathroom while I'm inside.

Hope you get your peaceful start to the day back soon smile

Snugglepiggy Tue 19-Mar-13 15:01:05

Ginger I know I didn't find much info on the childminders section.Just an old thread about opening hours which did make me realise they do have similar problems.
Yesterday she was actually late for her ,but 6.45 arrival and out of her car wandering around.So tried a large but subtle hint.Please don't chat to your dog outside so early.My next door neighbour is ill(true -currently have chemo)and I don't want to disturb them and the dogs staying have very acute hearing and some of them kick off and bark.True - they did this morning.Please wait in your car until 7 WHEN WE OPEN and I will be out to get your dog.
There I cant be clearer than that!she seemed to take it OK and a bit sheepish.Think she knew she was pushing it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now