To have enough of this?

(40 Posts)
Satine5 Fri 15-Mar-13 19:55:17

Surely, this must be the longest winter, ever? It's pissing down with rain here and it has been since morning. We had some snow this week as well...I despair! Running out of ideas to entertain a toddler indoors. This weather is bringing me down, seriously. I am so fed up I feel like crying! I was planning to revamp our garden ths month, bought a wooden playhouse for dd, which is still boxed up, currently soaking wet because it was either too cold or too wet to put it up. Anyone else deeply frustrated or aibu?

drjohnsonscat Fri 15-Mar-13 19:57:07

It's been about 18 months long by my reckoning. I never normally care about the weather but I am desperate for a glimmer of sunshine and a blue sky.

Euphemia Fri 15-Mar-13 19:59:37

I had the washing out and dried two weeks ago, for the first time since October.

Last weekend it snowed.

This weekend it's going to piss it down the whole time.

Enough!

DesiderataHollow Fri 15-Mar-13 20:00:35

I'm a goth. Today I said I wanted it to be sunny. That's how bad it is. sad

Flossiechops Fri 15-Mar-13 20:01:28

Yadnbu! Vile bloody weather makes me want to grab the dc and emigrate to warmer climates!

fieldfare Fri 15-Mar-13 20:01:55

I'm fed up too. Those two days the other week where it was mild enough to go out in just a cardi instead of coat, scarf, hat etc were blissful.

freddiefrog Fri 15-Mar-13 20:02:19

Yep, I've had enough now as well

It was lovely end of last week, I even left the bouse without a coat, but we've had snow this week. It's now freezing and pissing down

I want some sun!!!!!

Starboo Fri 15-Mar-13 20:02:45

Last March was lovely - dry and sunny and we spent a lot of time preparing the garden for planting veg for the summer. We've had a dry spell up until today but it's still so chilly.

I with you completely. I'm so fed of this cold wet/snowy weather. I just some nice dry sunny weather for a while.

gloucestergirl Fri 15-Mar-13 20:05:07

Bored, bored, bored of the weather. Have a 10-km "race" in a week. Bugger all training has been happening in zero degrees since xmas. Will be walking the "race".

Satine5 Fri 15-Mar-13 20:06:22

Glad I am not the only desperate one! Easter is just round the corner but Ai don't feel it at all. Feels more like xmas to me! Has anyone heard long term forecast? Please, tell me the sun will come you can lie, I don't mind, just give me some hope!

HollyBerryBush Fri 15-Mar-13 20:07:55

Wet summer forecast as well >sigh<

Satine5 Fri 15-Mar-13 20:20:13

Nooooooooo hollyberrybush, I asked for hope!

Fakebook Fri 15-Mar-13 20:25:33

I was thinking the same bloody thing today as I was walking to school in the rain. My umbrella kept turning inside out in the wind, and I could have cried. Apparently it's going to snow here again. It's MARCH ffs. I've absolutely had enough of this, it feels like its been raining since April last year.

oldraver Fri 15-Mar-13 20:49:27

Really ?I dont think it has been any worse than any other winter, just we had a very wet summer .

I have dried washing outside three time this week..

RoseandVioletCreams Fri 15-Mar-13 20:53:19

Yep, here too - really wondering why living in this country.

Cant even go for nice walk this weekend, took two hours on a half hour jounrey to get home as well coz of idiots driving like racing drivers in this weather. Just bloody horrid.

PrincessScrumpy Fri 15-Mar-13 20:59:10

We've put the play house from the garden in our living room so DC can use it and or small garden will be even smaller as we're building a conservatory - at least we would use the space. I'm all for putting on wellies and splashing in puddles but there's only so much of that I want to do.

runningforme Sat 16-Mar-13 00:40:03

I'm in Canada and the winter this year has been long, cold and grey. Everytime it's mild and sunny for 5 mins, it starts snowing again. Not enough to settle but enough to make you sigh and dig out the extra layers again.

Lucky for us though, summer is 3-4 months of sun and HOT weather :-)

I was in hospital for the brief bit of Summer we had last year, so it's been fucking ages since I was out on a nice hot day sad

StuntGirl Sat 16-Mar-13 01:10:18

Right there with you. I'm not even asking for blazing sunshine, just want some nice mild weather with a bit of sun.

MooseBeTimeForCoffee Sat 16-Mar-13 01:54:09

We've had snow here since October. It was a beautifully sunny day here today with not a cloud in the sky. It was -20 though sad

Selks Sat 16-Mar-13 02:04:04

Exactly this time last year it was a mini heatwave - I was on holiday in Northumberland and it was too hot to sunbathe on the beach! In Northumberland! In March! The contrast with this 'spring' couldn't be greater <shivers>

Twattybollocks Sat 16-Mar-13 07:21:25

Just think, the forecasters are always wrong, if they are Saying it will be a wet summer we will have hosepipe bans by June. <tries to block out memories of last summer> seriously I hope it's not going to be like last year, I have several farmer friends who are getting desperate.

HermioneHatesHoovering Sat 16-Mar-13 08:01:45

Well you can have my sun now, we've had the longest driest spell for 100 years and we're all a bit over it!

Selks Mon 18-Mar-13 10:41:09

..........and it's snowing again; sigh.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now