Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

AIBU for being annoyed at this letter from an MP?

(27 Posts)
Rasapa Fri 15-Mar-13 15:45:59

I have name-changed for this for reasons which will become evident later.

Anyway (deep breath). My db goes to a club. A member of staff who works for a member of Parliament goes to same club. They are in a junior role. My db has made jokey comments about politics to this person (NOTHING abusive, sexist or racist).

A letter arrived last week from the MP (actually it was on his behalf NOT written or signed by him at all) from a person who works in his office telling (that's how it seems to me) my db not to approach this person about politics again.

I am offended by this; just feels like an abuse of power. I dunno AIBU?

MidniteScribbler Sun 17-Mar-13 23:22:50

Talk to the MP concerned about it, they can't send that sort of letter in any official capacity.

But it does sound like your DB might have been a bit of a prat to this person. He maybe should consider who he is talking to and what he says when he wants to make jokes or statements. It's a bit like the acquaintance I know who makes disgusting comments to a gynocologist friend of mine. Inappropriate, unncessary, and really not funny.

quoteunquote Mon 18-Mar-13 01:20:09

what did your brother say?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now