Mothers Day = Mums Doing the Same Shit that They Always Do....

(31 Posts)
CockyPants Sun 10-Mar-13 18:09:40

I spent mine dusting Cocky Towers and cooking washing up etc.
And up early as usual to breakfast DD...
'D'P spent all pm asleep....
My Mother's Day will start at 9:10am tomorrow when DD and DP are at school and work.
Come Fathers Day DP will be fussed over etc...Mums just do the same shitty stuff they do every other day...
Anyone else feel like this??

calidadsuprema Sun 10-Mar-13 19:21:10

Mine has not been great..DD ended up in A&E yesterday after a fall at her first overnight guide camp. She split her lip and knocked her teeth so having to have soup through a straw. So she has been out of action but did make me a lovely card on Friday as she was supposed to have not been back home until this afternoon. Ex H used to organise for DD to get me a present (even since we split up) but this year hasn't bothered.

DP (not DD's Dad) is under the weather with a stomach bug so I have had dinner for one tonight... His teen DCs have been here all weekend (visiting) so I have been cooking and clearing up all weekend. They left early afternoon.

I spent the afternoon gutting DD's pig sty of a room. Roll on work tomorrow, although I will have to get DD an emergency dental appointment first thing.

cali your poor DD. Hope you get an appointment tomorrow!

ubik Sun 10-Mar-13 19:37:53

I've spent all day asleep as finished nightshift at 8am. Bacon sandwiches in bed and homemade cards then sleep til 4pm...DP made pasta for da and I am now preparing for another nightshift.

BrigitBigKnickers Sun 10-Mar-13 19:49:00

My mother's day has consisted of :
-traipsing DD2 to a rehearsal ( hour round trip) at 9.30 this morning.
- shopping
-putting the shopping away
- tidying the house for MiL who DH invited for lunch.
-Making lunch.
-entertaining her for three hours while DH helped DD 1 with her homework.
( I love my MIL by the way- just felt awkward as DH had invited her and then spent the whole time elsewhere...) hmm
-Me going back to pick up DD 2 whilst he watched the rugby.
- spending an hour with my own mum. (Couldn't come for lunch as she was out today.)
. I am now cooking the dinner waiting to see when DD 2 will realise it is Mother's Day... As I haven't had a card or even a verbal message from her ( but to be fair she has been busy with rehearsals for her school play all last and this weekend.)
DD 1 however gave me a lovely card and a beautiful scarf. smile

TheViperRoom Sun 10-Mar-13 19:56:32

No, here I have an easy day. I had breakfast in bed whilst DH managed to get our two preschoolers to 'make' me breakfast. We were then out for lunch so that was easy and for dinner I just heated up something from the freezer that I batch cooked last week.
Had a family movie and popcorn before getting them into bed at about 6.45pm and now I'm having a quiet night MNetting. Can't complain really.

Annunziata Sun 10-Mar-13 20:06:23

Yes. It's a bit depressing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now