To not want my DC's friends visiting on weekend mornings unannounced?

(127 Posts)
Dragonwoman Sun 10-Mar-13 17:18:54

This morning, like many weekend mornings my doorbell went at 10.30 & next thing I knew I had 2 extra 8 year olds in my house.
I called DD1 upstairs & told her to tell them to leave. She knows I don't like people round when I'm not dressed. She thinks I'm being mean & DH also thinks I'm being a bit odd. In the end DD1 went out to the friends house instead.

Am I really that odd, bearing in mind that -
1) I work all week, so don't get much time in the house during the day.

2) I sleep in the raw, so does DH & we often nip across the landing in the nude to the bathroom. We don't have an ensuite. I don't want to come across other peoples kids when I'm in the nip thank-you!

3) We live on an estate & kids are calling all the time - if I don't put my foot down I will have extra kids all day every day weekends & holidays.

4) One of my DC will invariably wander into my room for something & then leave the door wide open. I don't want randoms on the landing who can see me lying in bed!

5) While other people may be up & dressed earlier than 10.30, in my own house on a day off I don't want to!

If it was a pre-arranged visit for something special of course I would get dressed, but as it is I think I am entitled to some privacy in my own home.

DrunkenDaisy Wed 13-Mar-13 14:15:29

Blimey, no-one's allowed to disturb me before 11am on a Saturday or a Sunday.

Ragwort Wed 13-Mar-13 14:20:57

No wonder it's so hard to get parents to help with childrens' activites at weekends if everyone is enjoying a lie in grin - spare a thought for the parents who are freezing on the rugby touch line/football pitch/scout camp etc etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now