To start ANOTHER one asking...

(106 Posts)
CocacolaMum Sun 10-Mar-13 12:46:38

Ok so we have heard about what your dh/dc have done for you today but what have YOU done for your Mum on this Mothers day?

I texted mine.. thankfully my sister has invited her over for dinner so my work here is done :D

DizzyHoneyBee Sun 10-Mar-13 21:37:28

Flowers from DD, chocolates from DS, a card from each of us and we took her out for lunch yesterday at her favourite place.

dolallymum Sun 10-Mar-13 21:47:53

I have order her some pearl earrings that had 84% off on Groupon. She is on holiday so hoping they arrive in time for her getting back.
I have also helped my 2yr olf DD make her a hand made card with her handprint as a flower.
I know for a fact my mum will be more happy with the card than the earrings. :-\

cuppateaanyone Sun 10-Mar-13 21:48:43

Spent a couple of hours with my wonderful mum, we can't take her out at the mo so we brought cake to go with coffee. She is nursing her mother who is terminally ill so she loved time playing hide a seek with DS whilst I spent time with nana.
She's a nurse by trade so we made plans to help out this next week as she's on nights ( she will sleep at ours during the day whilst we go out so proper rest)
I buy her flowers most weeks and its her birthday on Friday so extra big pressie of vouchers for some pampering whilst we look after nana.

whattodoo Sun 10-Mar-13 21:53:06

I had parents for lunch, MIL, DSis and her family, DSis's MIL.
I also had lots of wine.

gwenniebee Sun 10-Mar-13 22:01:07

We made both my mum and MiL fruit cakes. We sent MiL's as she is in deepest darkest North Wales which is quite a distance from us. Mum was supposed to come for the day on Friday but she is really poorly sad So we are having a "transferred feast" next weekend when both my brother and I are going home. Fruit cake improves with keeping, right?!

Moominsarehippos Mon 11-Mar-13 10:46:11

Especially if you 'feed' with brandy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now