To start ANOTHER one asking...

(106 Posts)
CocacolaMum Sun 10-Mar-13 12:46:38

Ok so we have heard about what your dh/dc have done for you today but what have YOU done for your Mum on this Mothers day?

I texted mine.. thankfully my sister has invited her over for dinner so my work here is done :D

GirlOutNumbered Sun 10-Mar-13 13:35:00

Orla keily vase with some flowers from me and a cushion saying 'I love grandma' from the DCs. Plus cards, am seeing her tomorrow.

Bertrude Sun 10-Mar-13 13:35:41

Ordered flowers, champagne and chocolates for delivery today from waitrose. She emailed me a pic and seems happy.

NormaStanleyFletcher Sun 10-Mar-13 13:36:04

I think it does scrablet

ArielThePiraticalMermaid Sun 10-Mar-13 13:37:04

So sorry to hear about your mum Norma thanks

I sent my mum a card and rang her this morning. I really wish I could go and see her but we can't afford to. She did come to visit last weekend and I made a lovely roast dinner and waited on her, so I suppose that makes up for it.

My sister is taking her out this afternoon

NormaStanleyFletcher Sun 10-Mar-13 13:42:12

Thanks Ariel. smile might starty own thread rather than dragging this one down.

HotPinkWeaselWearingLederhosen Sun 10-Mar-13 13:43:12

Saw MiL yesterday. Bought her a new fancy lighter watering can for her patio pots, and the dcs bought her flowers.

Dropped in on my mum today. The dcs bought her a wee tine saying Grandma on it with bubble bath and jelly beans in and I got her some flowers.

I have also knocked on my lovely next door neighbours door and ran away leaving a bunch of flowers for her which I have have signed for from her dog blush

Jux Sun 10-Mar-13 13:43:16

My mum's dead. MIL, well, I doubt dh has done anything. His reason will be that she won't remember, she won't be aware what day it is, so there's no point. I agree with the two first statements, but disagree with the last. As far as I can see, it's another excuse for him not to bother.

HotPinkWeaselWearingLederhosen Sun 10-Mar-13 13:44:25

Aaaaw Norma, start a thread if you need to, but today is a day to remember the nice things even though it hurts ((hugs)) you won't bring anyone down thanks

Still18atheart Sun 10-Mar-13 13:45:44

Sent mum a card. Got dad to get pick up some flowers and .... a tree.

Sent her a text this morning and going to ring her later.

QuickLookBusy Sun 10-Mar-13 13:48:52

My mum was invited here for the weekend but she wanted to spend it with her mum, who is 92 and in a home.smile.

I usually give her flowers but this year she has requested a tub of spring bulbs and plants which I will give to her when I see her in a couple of weeks.

PIL are on their way now. We are eating at 3 (as they do church etc in the morning). DDs are cooking at the moment and I'm sat by the fire.

Sent her an email (she is travelling round South America).

maddening Sun 10-Mar-13 13:53:32

We did ours yesterday - trip to the zoo with her DDs and dgc and her dsis and dniece and dnephew.

I got her a big bunch of flowers and chocs (decided to go down the classic mothers day pressy route).

MrsHoarder Sun 10-Mar-13 14:04:27

I rang her up and she sounded all neglected. Fortunately when DB overheard who she was talking to he remembered that I'd given him a gift bag (chocs and a card) to keep hidden as they live 200 miles away and she was much happier after that.

saintmerryweather Sun 10-Mar-13 14:07:41

I was going to take my mum and dad out for dinner tonight but i am now quite ill so have had to cancel, will rearrange for another day

hiddenhome Sun 10-Mar-13 14:14:15

I resisted the urge to go round to her house and choke the living crap out of her, so she remains safe and well inside her house.....alone, because she's a vile person smile

LadyPessaryPam Sun 10-Mar-13 14:38:52

Mines been dead for last 23 years so not much I'm afraid sad

DeepRedBetty Sun 10-Mar-13 14:43:27

thanks for everyone who's missing their mum today.

Samu2 Sun 10-Mar-13 14:46:43

I bought her a kindle and flowers.

I never spend much on MD usually, but she has been especially amazing this year so I wanted to spoil her and had been planning it for a while.

She was very happy.

quoteunquote Sun 10-Mar-13 14:47:09

Nothing, she died twenty odd years ago.

Best mum in the world.

ChestyNut Sun 10-Mar-13 14:56:15

thanks for all of you who are missing their mums.

Slippers and a top Mothers Day tradition, have just dyed her hair for her and cooking a meal later.

Snoopingforsoup Sun 10-Mar-13 15:07:49

YABU - my Mother is dead.
How is your question related to AIBU?

Iaintdunnuffink Sun 10-Mar-13 15:12:29

She's on a month long holiday on the other side of the world, she got a FB message!

Herecomesbod Sun 10-Mar-13 15:12:30

thanks for all those missing their mums.

Sent flowers to DM and DMIL. Helped DD to make cards for them. Have organised a meal for all of us at DM's favourite restaurant for a few weeks time as she's been busy today. Will call her later when I know she's home just to say 'Hi'. We don't always see eye to eye but she's a fab mum and an amazing grandmother.

Pandemoniaa Sun 10-Mar-13 15:13:53

I've been remembering her.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now