Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

To think asking for expensive gifts for Mothers day is greedy?

(130 Posts)
MomaP Sat 09-Mar-13 21:06:31

Im sorry if you disagree, actually, no I'm not! envy

I have just witnessed two friends of mine, on facebook say they have convinced their DH's to buy them an ipad for mothers day!! WHAT? hmm

Both women have 2 DC, who are all under the age of 5. Am I missing something?

My DS made me a present at school this week, its in DS possession, ready to give me tomorrow, I am SO excited. grin What ever this present is, I know its made by him, that means more to me than anything - it is something I will, without a doubt keep forever. Sentimental gifts/cards are what mothers day is about, or well, it used to be anyway.

AIBU to think anyone expecting things like ipads etc are greedy and have no appreciation for mothers day, its just about material items to them?

wine

Sparklingbrook Sun 10-Mar-13 15:05:09

Ineed I would have the rage over that too. Especially the 'It's not my job' bit. Your poor DS. sad It wasn't for you as such it was for your DS IYKWIM-to make him happy that he had got you something. angry angry angry

IneedAgoldenNickname Sun 10-Mar-13 15:29:03

Thanks dum and sparkling my ex is an arse!

Sparklingbrook Sun 10-Mar-13 15:30:05

You are not wrong Ineed.

zipzap Sun 10-Mar-13 16:15:19

I got a huge diamond ring from ds1 this morning - it was neon pink and he'd saved it for me from the crackers at Christmas - but as he's 7 and it involved such long term planning and keeping safe I was just as thrilled as if he bought me a real diamond ring! Ds2 (4) presented me with my favourite biscuit as breakfast all of his own accord.

So feeling pretty happy!

CuriousMama Sun 10-Mar-13 22:04:42

zipzap that's beyond cute smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now