To no understand taking your dc(s) to school wearing your pyjamas?

(136 Posts)
MolotovCocktail Fri 08-Mar-13 09:22:25

I don't get it.

I don't mean a one-off: I've seen it happen quite a few times.

Maybe it's more a reflection on me, as I'm just about okay being seen without make-up. I see myself as a representative of my DD and I'd rather be late than take her in wearing my dressing gown. I'd also feel an utter dickhead.

I understand being pushed for time and the priority getting your dc(s) washed and dressed but, still. Why not just put some jogging bottoms and a top on? Why wear fleecy pjs?

AIBU?

Dededum Sat 09-Mar-13 13:40:50

Friends hubby, drove son to school about 30 minutes in his pyjamas. No reason to leave car. Not feeling very well ending up vomiting by the side of the road in his jim jams.

seeker Sat 09-Mar-13 13:41:16

Ah. I didn't have my bath til after doing all that. But in mitigation, I had had a shower at gone midnight last night and didn't put the pyjamas in question on til 2am.......

flippinada Sat 09-Mar-13 13:46:07

Yes noddy you're probably right.

Actually now I think of it my neighbour has done it once or twice that I remember.
Is not really a big deal in the scheme of things tbh.

flippinada Sat 09-Mar-13 13:47:22

Seeker in your position I'd be doing the same!

Fakebook Sat 09-Mar-13 13:51:44

I've never seen anyone wear pyjamas to drop their children off to school. I've seen jogging bottoms and sweatshirts, but everyone gets dressed up very nicely at our school in the mornings.

FanFuckingTastic Sat 09-Mar-13 13:57:05

I've done pyjamas. I've done sleeping in clothes and going in them. I seem to have a get out of jail free card because I do it on a mobility scooter.

crashdoll Sat 09-Mar-13 14:30:10

I can understand doing the school run in your pjs if you genuinely run out of time. I cannot understand going to Tesco and picking up several items, unless it is an emergency. In my area, Tesco hasn't banned pjs and I saw someone in a pink onesie picking up a few bits and bobs. Now, perhaps I am being unfair and she had a pringle related emergency but otherwise, I think it is a tad lazy!

If you're smart enough to wear pjs that look like trackies, then you're win win. grin

ihearsounds Sat 09-Mar-13 14:36:04

I really don't understand it, and it is laziness. There is no valid reason to do it. And children do say something, just not to the adults, but to the lazy persons child.
It got to the point that the ht has put a ban on pj's in school. How sad is that, grown adults being reminded to not wear their pj's. A few of the children were getting constantly teased about their parents in their pj's.

IneedAsockamnesty Sat 09-Mar-13 14:41:35

Some onesies are not sleepwear one of my children has several and no way would some be comfortable to sleep in and they are marketed as leasure wear.

They may not be to your taste nor are they mine but I wouldn't judge anyone for having different ideas as to what constitutes stylish.

I have started wearing cheap leggings and long length tshirts as my pyjamas on school nights. Up, throw on boots, coat and hat, out with dogs.

Most days I manage to have a shower and change before school run, but don't look as if wearing Pj's so sometimes I don't bother.

Wouldn't be seen dead out in something fleecy, patterned and obviously pyjamas though.

noddyholder Sat 09-Mar-13 14:52:52

The valid reason is personal choice I am not lazy at all I put a lot of effort into how I look but sometimes I just don't feel like getting dressed! Ds not at school now but I still would nip to shops. Have just asked ds if anyone ever mentioned it and he laughed NO!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now