Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

Not to have very much sympathy for Vicky Price

(35 Posts)
babybarrister Colombia Thu 07-Mar-13 17:10:21

What on earth did she think was going to happen if she grasses up dear Chris - isn't it obvious to most people that she should have realised she had also committed an offence? wasn't she insulting our intelligence to suggest it was marital coercion?

givemeaclue Thu 07-Mar-13 17:12:31

Yanbu, its a right old saga

LadyPessaryPam Thu 07-Mar-13 17:16:58

They are both horrible people. I dislike Huhne more as he also played away, and he is a total hypocrite as well.

INeverFinishAnythi Thu 07-Mar-13 18:09:24

YANBU. She clearly just wanted to get revenge, and was too stupid/bloody minded to realise she was implicating herself as well, and then incredibly arrogant to think she'd get let off. I'm very glad she was found guilty, serves her right.

lljkk Netherlands Thu 07-Mar-13 18:24:04

yanbu. I thought it was bizarre that she gets held up as a feminist icon (admittedly that may not be her fault) but then she copped a "Woe is me the helpless wifey" defence. I have more respect for Huhne finally taking his penalty quietly on the chin.

OverAndAbove Thu 07-Mar-13 18:28:07

Yes, it's her apparent shock at being caught out that screams "arrogance". What earth did she think was going to happen?!

StuffezLaBouche Thu 07-Mar-13 18:28:11

Yanbu, the pair of them are vile. I could be unreasonable but I disliked her when she brought up the abortion he 'forced' her to have.

deemented Thu 07-Mar-13 18:28:33

You know what, i actually don't care about some silly bint taking points for her fella years ago.

What i do care about is the hundreds of thousands of pounds of taxpayers money it's taken to convict them.

Because we obviously haven't anything better to be spending it on.

babybarrister Colombia Thu 07-Mar-13 18:29:53

There is going to be an application for costs against them both by the CPS. grin

StuffezLaBouche Thu 07-Mar-13 18:31:24

That has cheered me up, babybarrister.
God our politicians must be the envy of the civilised world...!

Bowlersarm Thu 07-Mar-13 18:32:03

YANBU. It would have been wrong for her to get away with it. In her hurry to have revenge on straying Chris she just didn't think through the consequences for herself. I don't believe for a minute she thought she would have to serve a jail sentence herself whilst hoping that he would.

I think you'll find though, OP, that a lot of people won't agree with us and will have huge amount of sympathy for her. (On MN anyway, not sure about RL!)

coatonarack Thu 07-Mar-13 18:32:34

Yes, what was she THINKING???? So girls, hell hath no fury etc etc, but it's not worth it if you end up in the clink. Revenge is a dish best served cold. Like porridge.

Hey, I should be a red-top sub!

coatonarack Thu 07-Mar-13 18:36:27

Was it a Pryce worth paying?

God I'm good. I blame the rioja.

EnjoyResponsibly Thu 07-Mar-13 18:37:22

A curse on both their houses.

And I want our tax £ back.

sad for their children though.

Uppermid Thu 07-Mar-13 18:38:01

Nope, no sympathy here.

HillBilly76 Thu 07-Mar-13 18:44:08

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

JamieandtheMagicTorch Thu 07-Mar-13 18:47:38

This marital coercion nonsense actually makes me quick cross.

JamieandtheMagicTorch Thu 07-Mar-13 18:47:51

quite cross

Alisvolatpropiis Thu 07-Mar-13 18:49:54

YANBU.

She clearly never got the memo that revenge is a dish best served without a custodial sentence for oneself.

Vengeful scorned woman antics haven't go her anywhere good have they.

LadyPessaryPam Thu 07-Mar-13 21:19:31

njoyResponsibly I agree. I am siding with her though. Her ex was an absolute bastard. Lets not quite lose sight of sisterly solidarity people.

thezebrawearspurple Thu 07-Mar-13 22:30:23

No sympathy, how could she be so stupid/blinded by lust for revenge to think that her own lawbreaking would be ignored? Idiot.

KarlosKKrinkelbeim Thu 07-Mar-13 22:34:39

I believe she initially tried to suggest that it was another (wholly innocent) party who took the points, not her.
Nice lady.

LessMissAbs Thu 07-Mar-13 22:41:07

She must have been under horrendous pressure and stress and, like many people, it affected her decision-making. She is paying a very heavy price. Some people do far worse and virtually get away with it. I feel a great deal of sympathy for her.

SanityClause Thu 07-Mar-13 22:42:41

I was quite cross because I heard Polly Toynbee on the radio saying that it was hard for Vicky Pryce because most people wouldn't realise that doing what she did was perjury.

What is the saying? Ignorance of the law is no defence.

Cherriesarelovely Thu 07-Mar-13 22:47:20

I think they have both been very foolish and dishonest, him more so than her plus his arrogance for months and months where her denied it and denied it and tried to get it chucked out of court etc. I am glad that they have both been convicted but I don't think either of them ought to go to prison. I think prison for crimes like this is ridiculous. It's not as if either of them are dangerous. Instead I think they ought to be doing some substantial, challenging community service.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now