Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

to lie on the toilet floor at work for 20 mins...?

(41 Posts)
Novia Thu 07-Mar-13 15:25:42

In my defence I'm 36 weeks pregnant and so tired today I could cry. I have horrible pains in my back and hips which stop me sleeping at night and just needed a few minutes away from my desk to close my eyes and stretch out.

I do realise it's probably not very hygenic though (but probably cleaner than my bathroom at home!) smile

Novia Thu 07-Mar-13 15:58:28

smile Thanks paperclips - might just give that a go!

Sod it, I'm going to leave at 4.30pm and go for the early train! I've got my BB so they'll never know...! smile

KatieMiddleton Thu 07-Mar-13 16:01:51

Do it. But tell them, don't ask.

I used to regularly at work and especially at the hospital.

In my defence, I was having twins and was regularly faint from 16 weeks. I was also so hot all the time that if I didn't I would have passed out.

OkayHazel Thu 07-Mar-13 18:03:32

Tell them you've got the shits and hide.

everlong Thu 07-Mar-13 18:08:00

If you can't go home can you nip to the car for a lie down?

No way would I lie on the toilet floor. Ew.

Lucyellensmum95 Thu 07-Mar-13 18:09:43

I used to be vet nurse and i remember one time i felt poorly and was coming down with flu, i went and had a kip in the recovery kennel smile

bunnybing Thu 07-Mar-13 18:15:32

What I used to do when tired and pregnant at work was drive to the nearest supermarket in the lunch hour (it was not far) and put the car seat back and power nap.
It worked for me and was a less embarrassing option than being seen napping in work carpark!

LegoAcupuncture Thu 07-Mar-13 18:18:04

Hope you managed to get a little nap. I once asked if I could go for a little nap in the sick room at work during my dinner hour, there was a bed in here and seemed perfect. Was out put out when they said no.

youmaycallmeSSP Thu 07-Mar-13 18:21:05

I hope you went home!

When I was pg with DS I used to fall asleep at work with such embarrassing regularity that my (lovely) manager used to stomp down the corridor and jiggle the door handle to my office really loudly before she came in, giving me time to wake up and compose myself grin

ScillyCow Thu 07-Mar-13 18:22:23

When pg I fell asleep once at the Eden Project kneeling on the floor in front of the loo with my arms folded over the closed loo seat.

classy.

God that brings back memories! I spent half of each pregnancy at work lying on the floor of the disabled toilet. I was so exhausted I just had to lie down. It was my little retreat.

LadyStark Argentina Thu 07-Mar-13 18:47:19

I did this when pregnant too but I also still do it now (4yrs later) when I am hungover blush

SageYourResoluteOracle Thu 07-Mar-13 19:32:32

YANBU. I got busted by my (very kind) boss lying across some chairs when I was pregnant. I'd snuck into a little meeting room to 'collate some papers' and it was so warm and cosy and I was so exhausted and drowsy that I rested my head for a minute. Next think I know, my boss has appeared and I've actually got some drool oozing out of the corner of my mouth. Fortunately she found it hilarious.

coatonarack Thu 07-Mar-13 20:01:03

YABU it's so dirty. Sit on the loo and go to sleep there.

I thought you were meant to have an appropriate place to rest provided while pregnant.

ScillyCow Thu 07-Mar-13 20:39:37

Actually the dirtiest place in an office is a computer keyboard. Over 100 times more microbes there than in (or on) a toilet.

So better than sleeping at your desk.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now